In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My First Star!! WOW!!!

DupontDupont Member Posts: 129
edited June 2002 in General Discussion
Wow! Just realized I've got my first Star. Looks like I'm on the road to greatness! Or something????

Of course I can play the piano, as long as it has pedals!

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...they will give stars to anyone these days.Back in the days When I got my first star, you had to earn it!

Happiness is a warm gun
  • DupontDupont Member Posts: 129
    edited November -1
    Salzo

My Bubble just broke!

• wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dupont,

I'm curious. How did you come up with your user name? I helped build a DuPont plant and worked there for 37 years. So every time I see you post I wonder.

wundudnee

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

To the stars through difficulties
    standard.jpg
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    3rd ones the charm!
  • DupontDupont Member Posts: 129
    edited November -1
    wundudnee

The local post office is in Dupont, have a very small mail order buisness, always at the postoffice every day. Ladys there know me well! Hence the name, plus it's also the name of our kids school!
    Kind of like the sound of it!

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pay no attention to Salzo, when he got his first star, he had to sneak up on it! Humans were living in caves back then. He is fairly crusty and just giving you a hard time, but trust me his first 500 or 600 posts showed us all what a beginner he was. Congrats!
  • FUBARFUBAR Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wundudnee; I've been through the Dupont safety training. Did you ever run into a guy named Pedro (can't remember his last name)He's retired now from Dupont, giving safety training to manufacturing plants. Just curious if you knew of him. Hey also was Dupont safe?

Guns! Guns! Guns!
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats, keep'em coming!!!

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
  • TLynnTLynn Member Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay, you've got your first star and I congratulate you.

Now keep posting till you get the next one (and the next, and the next - how many dang blasted stars are there out there???)
  • lazywallruslazywallrus Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didnt I see something somewhere that we get a free T-shirt or a new real-tree hat when we got our first star????

Well where is it already!!!!!
    edited November -1
    Dupont,
    Thank's, and congratulations on your star. "

QUALITY NOT QUANITY"

I don't remember any Pedro, but DuPont was a leader in safety practices. E.I. Dupont had a medical facility for his employees and their families at his first powder plant in the early 1800's. Also he set up his powder making buildings along the Brandywine river so they were seperated quite a ways apart so that if one blew up it wouldn't get the others. He built the buildings with three rock walls and one wood wall facing the river so when it blew it would blow the wood wall into the river and put out the fire. It also made it cheaper to rebuild.

Every time I do something like not using goggles or gloves, or standing on the top rung of a ladder I think "Thats not the way DuPont would do it". It really was a class outfit to work for.

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

standard.jpg
  • FUBARFUBAR Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Wundudnee, Pedro was supposed to be one of the Dupont plant managers. I know there are several, now he just travels doing the Dupont Safety Seminars. He's quite a character. I work in manufacturing management and we brought him in to review Dupont's system for safety. I agree it does make you look at what you, and others are doing around you regarding safety. Too bad I can't remember his last name.

Guns! Guns! Guns!
    edited November -1
    Dupont,
    Thank's, and congratulations on your star. "

QUALITY NOT QUANITY"

I don't remember any Pedro, but DuPont was a leader in safety practices. E.I. Dupont had a medical facility for his employees and their families at his first powder plant in the early 1800's. Also he set up his powder making buildings along the Brandywine river so they were seperated quite a ways apart so that if one blew up it wouldn't get the others. He built the buildings with three rock walls and one wood wall facing the river so when it blew it would blow the wood wall into the river and put out the fire. It also made it cheaper to rebuild.

Every time I do something like not using goggles or gloves, or standing on the top rung of a ladder I think "Thats not the way DuPont would do it". It really was a class outfit to work for.

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

standard.jpg