In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

It can stop raining NOW!!!!!!!!!

bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in General Discussion
It has been raining on and off here for the past 3 days. Up until now the rain gauge here in southeast Kansas has only recorded about 2 inches over the last 2 months. I can only guess as to how much I have got, but I would guess it to be at least 7 inches.

Been so dry here that its probably to late for the soybeans and most of the other fall crops.

The fire danger was high as well, with all the wind that accompanied the lack of moisture. There have been some nasty range fires that took quite some time and a lot of manpower to put out.

Farmers have already been feeding hay that they will desperately need this winter.

Hope this winter isnt as cold and wet, as it has been hot and dry over the last 2 months, as many will suffer with the lack of hay and grain for their livestock.

It sure is nice to see the rain, but some areas have had way to much for the dry ground to absorb and it just runs off causing flash floods, that have already taken lives in the central part of the state. Fortunatly we have not got any great amounts in a short period of time to cause this, as they have there.

I guess it is about normal for Kansas to be hot and dry, then cold and wet in only a few weeks time.

Hope most will get some rain out of the disturbance that is in the great state of Texas.

I only hope that it doesnt bring to much more here, only time will tell.

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER

Comments

• COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got 6.25" just yesterday........... all during daylight hours....
    Had enought for now.............[:0]

south Louisiana

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.

" There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes."
    <')))><

<')))><
  • ToolbabeToolbabe Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you can send some here. It haas not rained for a couple of weeks and was over 100 for the last few days ....I only wish it would rain Im wishing I could skip september and at least 1/2 of oct. I m so tired of heat!!!!

Im really a grouch wait till dec Im gonna want heat,...some people always want what they dont have[:I][:I]

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
    Oh my God! is the beginning of a prayer, not a one liner!
    We come into this life with nothing, everything after this is our treasure
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NE Texas: Still waiting on moisture. Scattered showers around but none on my pastures. Read somewhere it rains on the just and unjust alike...
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    South Texas- no rain yet and the promise that the cool front coliding with the tropical storm will bring much needed rain hasn't happened yet.We really needs rain. Lets see- how does the raindance go?
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Central Texas,drizzled and small showers all morning.
    Finally,about 2:00 this afternoon,got about 4 tenths.
    Keep it coming!90% chance Labor Day,opening day of dove
    season(like always),but thats OK.Maybe it'll bring some
    birds in.[:p][:p][:p][:p]

Who knows,I might have to get the mower out one more time.
    First measurable rain in two months.

75 degrees!! I love it!!![^][^][^]

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had had only about 1" since the end of June until yesterday. We have got 6 1/2"s since yesterday. It's been 100 degrees+ for over two weeks and today we had a high of 72 degrees. Feels wonderful! Don't give up hope, it always rains someday. Things were burned up here too, now the grass started to turn green in just one day.

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg