In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta Model 96 Mags

kstallkstall Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Does anybody know where I can find GOOD or NEW high capcity magazines, 15 rounds, for the Beretta Model 96 .40 cal? Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 15-round magazine for the Beretta M96 would be an aftermarket magazine, and I have never seen any for the .40 M96. The 9x19 M92 pre-ban magazine holds 15 rounds, and the .40 M96 pre-ban magazine holds 11 rounds. Perhaps you are asking for a 20-round pre-ban magazine for the M92, which may indeed hold 15 rounds of .40, because Beretta M92 and M96 magazines use the exact same body. I have never tried my factory 20-round M92 magazine with .40 cartridges so I do not know how many it will hold. I will have to try it.Fifteen round pre-ban M92 magazines will hold 11 rounds of .40 and function fine in a M96.Just what kind of magazine are you seeking? Factory or aftermarket?
  • Options
    kstallkstall Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had heard from a friend of mine that the 92 magazine may fit the 96 but I wasn't sure. Frankly, I do not see why not if they are the same in contruction. I am looking for either new or after market. I know aftermarket can sometimes be tricky since there is probably junk out there. Who is a GOOD aftermarket manufacturer or are they all about the same? Do they still make the 20 round M92 magazine? Thanks for the information!![This message has been edited by kstall (edited 12-19-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought you were looking for pre-ban, unrestricted magazines, but when you ask if Beretta factory 20-ropund magazines are still being made, are you implying that you can legally own post-ban, current-manufacture high capacity magazines? If you are LE, of course you can still get restricted high capacity magazines that are still being made. I assume the Beretta 20-round magazine is still being made in restricted form.However, if you cannot legally own restricted magazines, you will have to look for pre-ban magazines. Stay away from USA magazines, unless that is all you can find. I have had USA magazines that would not even go into the gun. However, most can be made to work with a lot of tinkering. The best after-market magazines are Mec-Gar, which company makes many factory magazines, including Beretta.If you want a factory Beretta 20-round mzagazine, go on the auction site and search for one until one comes up, and then spend what it takes to get it. Also check Gun List and Shotgun News.
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The factory 20 rounders are not easy to find. I got one for mine over 14 years ago. I've physically seen maybe 2 others since then. They were always hard to find and expensive. Mecgar made some too. I'll have to see how many 40cal rounds the Mecgar 17rd 9mm flush fit mags will take. They might be a bit more practical than the 20rd mag to use.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For what it is worth, I just tried loading my factory 20-round Beretta M92 magazine with .40 cartridges. It holds 15. Irarmsx, I will be contacting you by e-mail to inquire about a Mec-Gar 17-round magazine for the Beretta M92.