In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9mm Magazines

prognoidprognoid Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I just bought a 12rd Smith & Wesson 9mm and I would like to purchase some extra clips...Do they have to be S&W or are there any aftermarket brands that will work???

Comments

• Options
    smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    prognoid,
    What model did you get? I would recomend original factory(S&W) magazines for any pistol mainly for reliability.. In other words if it was a Sig, I would recomend Sig mags.
    smokinggun
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is a 12-round Smith, it is either a M469/669 or a M6904/6906, or one of the equivalent DAO pistols. For some reason, magazines for these pistols are still relatively inexpensive compared to other "high capacity" magazines. Of course, Smith 14/15-round magazines are also relatively inexpensive. I think it is due to supply and demand. Every Smith came with two magazines and there were lots of extras bought by law enforcement, so the supply is relatively large.

Mec-Gar made the factory Smith magazines so if you find anything by Mec-Gar, it will be fine.