In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Selling a Firearm Online

dave1387dave1387 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
When you sell a firearm online, is there any paperwork you need to submit to the DOJ as a private individual?

IE: I am selling a shotgun online to another private individual through his FFL dealer. I do not hold an FFL of my own. When i ship the firearm to his FFL dealer, is there any paperwork I need to do? Or is the gun removed from my name when the new owner fills out his DROS form?

Thanks.

"It amazes me, the will of instinct."

Comments

• tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Usually the receiving FFL will want a copy of your state photo ID. Just to enter into his record book where the gun came from.
    That's it. No longer belongs to you in any way.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might want to keep the copy of the guys FFL that he is supposed to send to you before you ship the gun ...

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Without looking at your bios, you must live in Kalifornia. None of us that live in the other free states have to fill out DROS forms. Possibly with the exception Illinois, FOID cards I think they are called), DROS is unique to Commifornia.

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

NRA Life Member