In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S.W.A.T. on the River...Sheriff's new boat

RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
BoatMissMargeryJuly292005.jpg

Got to take an excellent boat ride on Friday--on the Sheriff's new "Maritime Response Team" craft. Thirty-two footer with about 380 mile range at peak speed. Read the whole story at the link below. Sheriff's wife, Margery, was member of my congregation--I officiated at her funeral 3 months ago. The boat is named in her memory. Maiden voyage was on Friday with family members on hand. (I'm behind the tinted glass in photo above--my daughter's shoulder [pink shirt] is right in front of me in clearer window.)

Yes, that's a machine-gun mount on the bow, but gun not there yet.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/073005/new_boat001.shtml

Comments

• Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Cool-looking boat! And not a shabby way to honor someone's memory, either.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Thats a nice boat, is that for East Baton Rouge?

Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

axF69201.gif
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fine looking boat. Slow that thing down..your in a NO wake zone.. Couldn't resist.. just imagine coming upon a 12' jon boat with two full adults and gear running too fast..[:0]
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Oh well, my tax dollars at works!!

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

. and the antithesis to this philosophy was uttered by Bill Clinton "I smoked it, but I didn't inhale."[V]

NRA Life Member