In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New AR15 owner question

TweakerTweaker Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
I recently purchased a complete Bushmaster 20" HBAR. I want to try a Bushmaster 16" HBAR upper. Will my Bolt Carrier Assembly drop in without any adjustments?

Comments

• Options
    cruzie27cruzie27 Member Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it should fire,.. but,...id keep the bolt and carrier with it,..in other words buy a new bolt and carrier with the new barrel.

army -10's (instruction manuals) say that you shouldent swap those parts between two weapons

th_sign.jpg
    th_P1010032.jpg
  • Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you don't swap bolts and carriers between rifles because it is possible to change the headspace. this is the distance between the chamber and the breechface. if there is too much space, the bullet will not be seated fully in the chamber and it could make you ugly when it goes off[:D] if you are buying another complete upper, it will come with bolt and carrier assembly
  • Options
    TweakerTweaker Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks I will spend the extra cash!
  • Options
    cruzie27cruzie27 Member Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jake_S-83
    the bullet will not be seated fully in the chamber and it could make you ugly when it goes off[:D]

LMAO!,..i gota write that down.

th_sign.jpg
    th_P1010032.jpg
  • Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got back from unit armorers course. the instructor had a barrel from an A-1 that blew up. it threw the barrel right off the gun and the upper looked like flower petals. pretty spooky
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Swapping bolts should not be a problem with a Bushmaster. I have never had a problem. Head spacing should not be an issue between these two uppers. If you do not believe me ask Bushmaster.

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

. and the antithesis to this philosophy was uttered by Bill Clinton "I smoked it, but I didn't inhale."[V]

NRA Life Member