In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR-15 magazine question

bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
The question that I have is, what makes a certain magazine LE only? When compared to others that I have, they all look the same, besides being "LE only" stamped on the side.

Possibly time of manufacture due to the previous AWB? That's the only thing that I can come up with at this point.

Also, do these bring a higher premium compared to "standard" magazines?

Thanks for clearing this up for me. [:)]

Comments

• bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now I always thought an AR was an AR was an AR, but someone last night tried to tell me and another guy that a Rock River would not accept millitary magazines.

Do magazines differ by manufature? Isn't the beauty that all the lowers have a similar pattern no matter who makes it. Thus any mag will work.

Edit: He also thought it was illegal to own a 30Rd magazine. Not a reliable source. [:D]
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    Just means it was manufactured between 1994 and 2004, or maybe a short time after 2004 if the company was slow to take off those markings.

I haven't seen them catching any higher values around here.