In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new year foods

bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
What's your new year day tradition meal?

For my family it has to include blackeye peas and corn bread.

For my inlaws it's cornbeef and boiled cabage.

Comments

• Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pork and sauerkraut
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    grilled steak that have been sitting in vacuum sealed bags with marinade over night, sauteed mushroom and onions to top them. baked potato's and some sort of salad. Now i just need to move the charcole grill into the garage to grill them( way to windy in ND today to grill out in the open).
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    with the exception of thanksgiving, i dont really have meals i have loyalty to on certain occasions. whatever im hungry for it what i eat.

today, i had pizza, left over chinese, brownies. next year, it could very well be veal scallopini.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Cabbage rolls.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bhale187
    For my family it has to include blackeye peas and corn bread.You or the wife must have southern lineage.

That's the traditional New Year's good luck food down this way.

At least that's the case for us gringos. For the Mexican folks it's menudo - which also happens to be their hangover cure food.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Big pot of chili
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jwb267
    pork and sauerkraut
    +1...A generations long tradition.
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    quote:Originally posted by bhale187
    For my family it has to include blackeye peas and corn bread.You or the wife must have southern lineage.

That's the traditional New Year's good luck food down this way.

At least that's the case for us gringos. For the Mexican folks it's menudo - which also happens to be their hangover cure food.

My Dad's side of the family came from the Smoky Mountains, and my grandparents always said you had to have your peas for luck in the new year. Damn I miss my grandma and grandpa