In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

US may lose AAA credit rating

nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
saw on the news the other day that the United States may lose it's AAA credit rating which we've had since 1917 and has been solid as a rock until now.

THANKS OBAMA AND EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, Mike, THEY wanted change! WE got it![:(!]

Lance
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean Thank you Mr Clinton for signing the bill that allowed Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to buy mortgages that were given to people who could not afford the payment simply based on their race. it was his initiative to get more monorities into homes to "balance" America. Yes, you have heard the word balanced before, EVERY single democrat has mentioned a balanced America when running for president.

Of course, Let's not forget the early stages of this nonsense back in the early 70's when the NINJA (No Income No Job Assets) loans were first hitting the American home builders. If it had not been for that Fox and Jacobs woould have never gotten as big as they had.

How can you be Trillions of $ in debt with a AAA rating. I dare someone to give me $1T loan...
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Obama's been in office for a few months and you're blaming him for decades of economic mismanagement?

While he's part of the problem, he's hardly the sole cause of it.

Ever since FDR began massive deficit spending, it was inevitable this day would come.
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    Obama's been in office for a few months and you're blaming him for decades of economic mismanagement?

While he's part of the problem, he's hardly the sole cause of it.

Ever since FDR began massive deficit spending, it was inevitable this day would come.

Deficit spending is a necessary, but not sufficient in and of itself prerequisite to this happening. It's only because of deficit spending that a credit rating even exists. You can't rate someone's creditworthiness for repaying debts if they've never borrowed (and repayed) money before, after all.

Obama's deficits and spending are beyond breathtaking. They are of a scale larger than anything ever conceived of before, by all of his predecessors combined. So, yes, I blame him.

And it sure is funny that there has not been even a WHISPER about anything like this since 1917, not under FDR, not LBJ, not Reagan, Clinton, either Bush or anyone else. Only after your Messiah has been in office a couple of months, proposed and passed his gargantuan budgets requiring unprecedented borrowing and spending, and promised expenditures and taxes like no one before. So, yes, I blame him.

But by all means, keep burying your head in the sand and blaming Bush for all the evil in the world if that's what gets you to sleep at night while your golden Negro pisses our prosperity away.

Predictable.

BTW, how ya been?

I may have some non GB related stuff to run by ya sometime.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    I believe that the latest number I heard was that since the Obama admin has teken over, they are printing $5.00 for every $10.00 they spend. Yeah...even a basic economist can understand that that will destroy a countries credit rating real quick.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    nemesis,

I've been good. How about yourself? Hope things are going well.

As for the topic at hand, I agree that Obama's deficit spending is beyond anything all the others combined have done, but the scary thing is Obama's deficit has yet to have any impact.

I'm not saying it won't because it most certainly will, but the fact remains that what we are experiencing now is only partially his fault - this is mostly the economy playing catch up with the likes of Clinton and Bush.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just a tad premature with an all too accurate statement.
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to mention we had like 15 or so countries we borrowed money from, were now down to 3 or 5 now. And like ElMuertoMonkey it goes beyond Obama, did we forget about BUSH and the others.
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    +1

therm0nuclear for president

quote:Originally posted by thermonuclear
    You mean Thank you Mr Clinton for signing the bill that allowed Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to buy mortgages that were given to people who could not afford the payment simply based on their race. it was his initiative to get more monorities into homes to "balance" America. Yes, you have heard the word balanced before, EVERY single democrat has mentioned a balanced America when running for president.

Of course, Let's not forget the early stages of this nonsense back in the early 70's when the NINJA (No Income No Job Assets) loans were first hitting the American home builders. If it had not been for that Fox and Jacobs woould have never gotten as big as they had.

How can you be Trillions of $ in debt with a AAA rating. I dare someone to give me $1T loan...
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    nemesis,
    Don't mean to hijack your thread, but what ever happened with the case of the cops refusing to give back your clients firearms?