In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Plug Glock 22 RTF

bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
edited March 2011 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    btkbtk Member Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good deal people, you wont find a better deal on a 4th gen Glock!
  • Options
    the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by btk
    Good deal people, you wont find a better deal on a 4th gen Glock!

Its a gen 3
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok maybe its a 3rd, but it still a good deal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, it's a good deal, wish I had the extra cash right now!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by the middle
    Yes, it's a good deal, wish I had the extra cash right now!
    +1
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes it is a gen 3, not gen 4, but then I am still undecided on wether I like the gen 3 or gen 4 slide seration better.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,042 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the slide serration the only difference between the gen.3 and 4?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20
    no, they changed the guide for the spring too. Now it conceals the spring, whereas before it was coil over. They also redid the texturing on the grip and a few other slight mods that I can't remember.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr Perfect
    no, they changed the guide for the spring too. Now it conceals the spring, whereas before it was coil over. They also redid the texturing on the grip and a few other slight mods that I can't remember.

Yeah, I think all the gen 4 have the rough texture frame along with changable inserts to increase or decrease the size.

I have read on the net of people having issues with tac lights on the gen4s, but never heard it direct from anyone who owns one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now it's going.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any rough guess on shipping charges to WI? I would obviously have to pay a transfer fee, so just trying to figure out if it is 100% worth it for me. Thanks.

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77
    Any rough guess on shipping charges to WI? I would obviously have to pay a transfer fee, so just trying to figure out if it is 100% worth it for me. Thanks.

Jon

Shipping is $30, if he has to go through FFL add $25.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Jon

Boy, I am a smart one sometimes. Don't know how I read right by that. [:I]

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1

Jon

Boy, I am a smart one sometimes. Don't know how I read right by that. [:I]

Jon

I often can't reed or rite.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bhale187

Yeah, I think all the gen 4 have the rough texture frame along with changable inserts to increase or decrease the size.

I have read on the net of people having issues with tac lights on the gen4s, but never heard it direct from anyone who owns one.

NO issues with tac light or combo light/laser. Gen 4 works just fine with both, at least on my 22 anyway.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by the middle

NO issues with tac light or combo light/laser. Gen 4 works just fine with both, at least on my 22 anyway.

Glad to hear that, like I said everyone I had heard that from was a third person report of the problems.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    went for $405, not as much as I had hoped, but it's enough to get most of my anniversary glock funded.
  • Options
    edited November -1

the mag release was also made to be reversible now as well. That was the other main thing I'd forgotten (besides your addition of the interchangeable backstraps).
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

the mag release was also made to be reversible now as well. That was the other main thing I'd forgotten (besides your addition of the interchangeable backstraps).

yeah, I had forgotten that also, and the gen 4 mags have the notch on both sides to allow that ambi mag release to work.

I think that's all the changes, but I could have forgoten something else too.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shipping Buyer pays actual shipping costs for the following option(s): 1st Class

How are you going to squeeze that pistol into a first class envelope??[;)] I know Glocks are light weight, but I am pretty sure they weigh more than 13 oz![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    Shipping Buyer pays actual shipping costs for the following option(s): 1st Class

How are you going to squeeze that pistol into a first class envelope??[;)] I know Glocks are light weight, but I am pretty sure they weigh more than 13 oz!

This was the first auction I have done since the new shipping info got added to the auctions, and I had a hell of a time trying to figure it out. Not to mention I had no idea what the requirements for each level of shipping were.

In short, I screwed up......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Someone got a great deal! If I wasn't so broke right now, I would have jumped on that!
  • Options
    thebambam2001thebambam2001 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ends in about 2 hours, no bids, 9 watchers

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=213341922

How can you tell how many are watching?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thebambam2001
    Ends in about 2 hours, no bids, 9 watchers

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=213341922

How can you tell how many are watching?

When you log on and look at your items for sale, it shows you how many people are watching your auction. You need to be the registered seller to see the watchers.
  • Options
    mt3777mt3777 Member Posts: 73
    edited November -1
    Ok maybe its a 3rd, but it still a good deal.

i know what you mean. it is a gen 3 but the cuts in the upper and the surface of the grip put it in a different generation.

heard a rumor the rtf will only be available to police and military and no longer to the public. could be BS.
  • Options
    mt3777mt3777 Member Posts: 73
    edited November -1
    I got a NIB 17 rtf2 9mm for 450.

It's a really fun pistol and a good investment. At that price, you can shoot the hell out of it and expect to always get your money back.

My wife was freaked out by the grip at first but now likes it a lot. I never noticed it because my hands are like leather. She said it was scratchy. The slide is really easy to control with the half moon cuts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The first Gen4 Glocks that came out had the <<< seration on the rear of the slide. The new Gen4s that are coming out have the old style straight vertical line seration.

quote:Originally posted by mt3777
    heard a rumor the rtf will only be available to police and military and no longer to the public. could be BS.

That's BS, they are just getting caught up with the LE orders before they catch up to dealer orders.