In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

22 AMMO

beau123beau123 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
called local wal mart and they had 3 bricks of federal left. the clerk offered to hold them for me till i got there. very nice of her. 14.74 per brick. not a bad price so i grabbed all 3 very hard to find here still. no idea when more will arrive. clerk says guys are buying 8-10 bricks at a time. so just got lucky finding these. are they still hard to find in your area?

Comments

• beau123beau123 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sure this has been posted countless times but just in case you did not book mark it or maybe missed it web site with current lowest prices and in stock ammo
    http://www.wikiarms.com/group/22lr
    midway has a couple for 7 to 8 cents a round but the shipping runs the cost over the top for me with the limits
    maybe it will be good for you
    edited November -1
    Just bought 2 Federal 550 rnd boxes at Walmart. Still only $13.47
    Winchester Xpert HV was only $12 something. They still a lot left.
    This is in PA.
    edited November -1
    NEED SOME ADVISE:
    I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE HOTTEST, BESTEST, 22LR ROUND IS THESE A DAYS? ARE THE RUN OF THE MILL REMINGTONS AS GOOD AS ANY?
    I AM SHOOTING A HENRYS 22LR.
    ALSO, SHOULD I SCOPE THIS GUN? I WANT TO SHOOT AROUND 50/75 YARDS MOST OF THE TIME FOR SMALL VARMINTS.
    NEW TO GUNNING, SO WOULD LOVE YOUR INPUT.
    THANKS EVERYONE

DON
    edited November -1
    it is all over the place[:D] i went to 9 different places this weekend
    3 gun/pawn shops,2 wal-marts,2 gun stores, 1 gun show, Gander mountain .everyone had bokoos of 22's the only ones that were out of line on prices were at gun show,& gander.

also found a chit loads of 22 shorts[:0] bought a few boxes of them too.

bought over 3k this past 2 weeks i am starting to pass them by unless they are a bargain or winchesters, cci's[}:)]. passed on 22mags for 13.49 for 50 winchesters to boot.

sorry for you folks that haven't seen any

that is all thought you all might want to know where it's at[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]
    edited November -1
    Friend of mine has been showing pictures of things he has shot. Box's Mountain dew Bottles all sorts of stuff.

So I asked him how he could afford to shoot all this ammo.

He replied back that he has been shooting what he had on hand. But was getting low and would have to buy some soon.

Told him good luck in finding any. He has now tried to buy some and could not find it.

So who else has stopped shooting cause they do not want to run low.
    edited November -1
    I found a online store today selling 22 ammo but it is for 1 box only. The price was around 20 dollars for 1 box and shipping was 16 or 17. So it you add it all up it is 36 or 37 a box. Thats still crazy. LOL
    edited November -1
    whats the 22 ammo called that only uses a primer to fire. i need some quit 22 ammo and i have used this stuff before and remember all you can here is the click of the firing pin.
    edited November -1
    All this talk about not finding 22lr anywhere, is making me hungry. Whomever, wants to come on down and have lunch with me. Will receive 100 rounds of CCI stingers(gold box), yep free 100 rounds. If you buy, I will make it 200 rounds [:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    went by the local wally world to pick up items for the wife who was home making cookies . as normal I walked by the sporting goods counter ( this was about 6:00 pm ) they were up packing a few cases of 22 LR Remington "new and improved golden bullets [:D]"
    A fellow in line with his wife? in front of me each got there 3 boxes , I joked I should have brought my wife and kids , they just gave me a WTH stare must have taken me serious , any way I pick up 3 boxes of 225 LR HP with tax it was 34.00
    fist time in close to two years I have seen any 22 ammo at the store , counter guy said they got a bunch of in today .
    edited November -1
    [:D]cabelas just raised the limit from 1 to 5, been a long time since that has happened........A good sign? I dunno
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I learned how to hunt and shoot with 22, haven't even shot one in years , although I do carry a 22mag pistol with me in archery , never shoot it , was chased bye a big dog one year , got tired of running , anyways why cant you buy ammo anywhere ? online its like 2 times normal price , any opinions ? how much ammo do you have stocked ? I have been starting to stock up on everything , I think all ammo is going to end up like 22 , over priced and hard to get
    edited November -1
    Bass Pro shop has CCI standard velocity ammo with free shipping if anyone needs any of it.
    edited November -1
    The best way to get a handle on things is to take a look at the buy it now prices for 22 ammo. Absolutely ridiculous. I don't know which is worse people paying the prices or people asking the prices. I guess the old saying,"got your back brother" are gone. Dog eat dog from here on in. Just the way our government likes it.
    edited November -1
    we went shopping went by the local wally world, of course I went by the sporting goods , ask the clerk about 22 ammo they were stocking the shelf's he remembered me said I told you when you bought the Ruger you could not find ammo and laughed along with me .
    another fellow walked up went on a 3 to 4 minute rant about how no one had any and most shops would not even sell you any unless you bought a 22 firearm from them . he was very upset over the whole ordeal , told me he just started shooting his 9mm it was easier to find and almost as cheep .
    I just let him vent the clerk has heard it so many times I do not think he even blinked ,
    just had to get a few words in on the 22's as its been beat to death but hay were in a new year [:D]
  • Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    beau123 welcome to the board. You might want to scroll down and look , this has already been asked and answered plenty today and a week or so ago.

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chevyman Tx
    beau123 welcome to the board. You might want to scroll down and look , this has already been asked and answered plenty today and a week or so ago.

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"

THANKS FOR THE INPUT, I HAVE SCROLLED, TURN RIGHT, TURNED LEFT, AND
    CAN'T FIND A SINGLE WORD ON THIS TOPIC, EITHER TODAY OR BACK 5 DAYS. MAYBE YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION HERE, AS I AM NEW TO THIS BOARD.

DON
  • fragmentsfragments Member Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    top right under message forums--click on SEARCH--type in what your searching for and---stand back[:o)] Welcome!!