In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Aledo/Weatherford/Willow Park, Texas

scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
We may relocate to Forth Worth area. Currently looking at the Aledo School District. Does anyone live nearby who wants to offer an opinion of the area, constructive or otherwise?

Comments

• Options
    TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's about 20 min from me. Nice area, some decent people, some snobs. Like anywhere! Prepare for hearing about the Aledo Bearcats ad nauseam.
    Quick trip to Ft Worth and Weatherford. High taxes considering its Texas. Good roads. Plenty of restaurants and shopping. About 40 miles from DFW airport.
    I've lived here about 50 years, so I know my way around, especially running service calls all over the area.
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. Good info. Not looking to move into a Yankeeville development of McMansions if this move happens. High taxes? "City taxes"? Property tax?
  • Options
    TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taxes are what kept me out of Aledo and Weatherford. I'm just 500 yards across the county line and my taxes are about half for a similar acre lot and 2,500 sq ft home. You could figure $6000/yr. May be no big deal though. Depends on what your used to. [;)]
  • Options
    texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Real estate is about 25% higher south and east of weatherford. I grew up around this area and it wasn't always that way. North of FTW is about the same. Decent values toward Topkick's area NW. I live in Parker County (barely), not in a town, and really like it. You do have to watch the area you move into, like most places these days. Only grandkids in school. Seems fine, they can do lots of activities instead of picking just one. Good luck. Oh yeah, if you are a "horse person", Parker County is the place for you.... [;)].