In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Birthday Club

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
As with any other board on the internet, GB has members that come and go for different reasons.

In an effort to keep the Birthday Club (which is not connected with Gun Broker in any way) current, members who have not posted for 3 months prior to their birthday will have their names removed from the club database. Over the past year, we have had to remove the names of Birthday Club members who just drifted away, or sadly have passed away.

I feel that this is a fair way to keep the database up to date. Please email me if you disagree, or with any other comments you may have.

There are many new members since we started the club and some have not yet joined. Since the club has no way to know when your birthday is without you sending in your GB nickname, day and month of your birth to the club, we cannot acknowledge it.

Gun Broker and our moderator, David Nunn are kind enough to allow us to post this info with the permission of the members. That is why you must send in the info if you wish to be included. ALL are welcome to join this very exclusive club...haha. Please send you email to the address below.

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Let's face it.....everybody's birthday is important to him/her. I have this idea. If you all email me your birthday, month and day only, I will create a database. Then five days before the birthday, I will post a reminder to the rest of the members that a birthday is coming up and they can send their best wishes.Since my birthday is probably the next one coming (12/22), this might seem like I don't have any friends but I think it's a good idea and would like to try it.Please spread the word to send the info to my email address which appears below or post it here and I will get it.Let me go first!HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NJRETCOP!-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    More than 61 members of GB have joined the Birthday Club.We still need some of the regulars and others who have not responded to send in their info. Among others, we are looking for:Josey1, Iconoclast, Budda Joel, SXSMAN, Pelican, RUGERNUT3, and both Danos, LOL. ANYONE who wishes to join is welcome to do so, please just submit the month and day of your birth, no money
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What, no money? How am I to get my present on my birthday?
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Just to let you know..~Sir Lord Beekeeper~,and Bee Man Of Alcatraz have there birthday on the same day as mine..218
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    This must have started in my two month furlough from GB. What is the B'Day club?
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Brian,it aint as cool as the Jackets club,but it`s pretty cool..kinda hard ta get everybody together at the same time though.Wouldn`t it be a good life,I mean for all of us to have the means to just travel the country ,to eachothers big birthday parties..when we`re not shootin and reloadin.Of course we could do a lot of shootin` at the birthday parties!!.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah,That'd be the life. Just travelin', shootin', and huntin' at each other's places.NJretcop: I read the thread that started it. Put me down: 12-05-78.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simonbs......'78? Is that 1978 as in 23 years ago? I'm pretty sure Charlie and I have ties older than that Mudge the ancient
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, that's me. But I'm a "mature" 23 - wink, wink.Been married two years tomorrow. Wife is eight weeks pregnant with our first.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Monkey plays taps for poor ole Simon...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Monkey Man, but all I hear is "CHARGE"!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yo Mudge, I'm almost sorry I started this thing. So far, 67 members and I'm the second oldest, It's getting so bad, Ms NJRETCOP gave me my birthday present five days early. You see we went to the range on Sunday and she got embarrassed again. I'm the only one at the rifle club that doesn't have a scope on my Ruger 10/22, instead I have a white cane mounted on it.Now she bought me a new scope that sure helps with my eyesight. It's a 50x150x500 illuminated with floodlights, lol. She said she got it in one of them space shops. Now I can read license plate numbers on spy satellites.simonbs, congratulations on your anniversary and the new baby coming. Also belated Happy Birthday. Next year you'll hear from the whole club if I remember where I put the list. and what list I'm looking for!
  • Options
    FMJFMJ Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Elizibeth you must have seen some action. I was from * town Nutley NJ.
  • Options
    edited November -1