In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

USP .40

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
On paper does the H&K USP .40 have better accuracy than a Glock 22, even if the HK's barrel is shorter?

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's an indirect comment towards the post but I apologize for not answering it directly. Accuracy has more to do with the quality of the firearm than it does barrel length. I always found the SIG 228 to shoot much tighter than the Beretta 92 which was my first primary weapon in the Army.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Ids,I thought you worked for a living. Why are you carrying a handgun?
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always have worked for a living. I'd say the Army has yet to work me harder than I did when I was supporting myself with a packing plant paycheck.I was an MP before I was a recruiter. I was an investigator for 18 months prior to becoming a recruiter. MP Investigators carry the SIG 228 aka the M-11. It's funny, I was permitted to carry a concealed firearm on a military installation in the state of NY after being on the job for 30 days. It took me 18 months to get a CCW for off-post non-duty-related carry. What's that about?!?!?Side Note: I WOULDN'T be working for a living if I didn't get a good wake-up call after spending two years at West Point. No offense to my brother who is in his second year there now. I could never picture myself as a "Perfumed Prince" (in the almighty words of COL (Ret) David Hackworth).[This message has been edited by idsman75 (edited 12-22-2001).]
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    I didn't even think about 95B. I was wondering why an enlightened, I mean enlisted, man would be carrying a sidearm. Thanks for the clear up.