In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sinus Remedies

jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
This winter has been cold so far and it seems the wind blows almost everyday. I have had a lot of sinus trouble the last couple of weeks and can't seem to shake it. Anybody know any good remedies to try and help this. When I go to the doctor it is usually the last resort. Thanks for any help or remedies to try.

Comments

• IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Go see the quack,,,,nothing worse than feeling miserable..
    DO NOT do the roto rotor!!!
    Hurts like an itch and only good for 3 or 4 years.
    Walte
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O.K. here it goes...Find a squirt-bottle that holds about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water, Like a super giant-sized "Visene" bottle. Put about 2 table-spoons of SALT into a half-cup of warm water,stir until it is dissolved and pour it into the squirt-bottle. Now hop into the shower{that is where I do it} and tip your head back and squirt the salt-solution into your nose-holes. Make sure you hold your breath and kinda block the back of your throat with your tounge. Let the solution stay in there as long as you can, then blow it out.It takes some practice but it works great to clear out EVERYTHING. I thought the person who told this to me was joking, but I finally got desperate enough to try it and it does work very well. I work outdoors and usually get some really bad sinus infections through-out the year...Works for me....

"I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY"
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate to tell you this, but my doctor told me to move...I have had nothing but sinus troubles for years. And after lots of work, including two operations, he said its the dry air (gas heat and all) in the winter that makes me sick. Humidify, humidify, and humidify. I also found the cold air of winter helps. The more I am outside in temps below freezing, the better I feel.

P.S. The sinus operations helped but they are no fun. I am having no more.
  • pagunrunnerpagunrunner Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mix equal parts salt and baking soda in warm water pour some in your palm and suck it up your nose it will unclog passages but dont think it will cure problem but it definately will help you breath. I use over counter Sinatab it works for me.

If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer.
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Antihistamines during the day and good old Vicks Vapor Rub at night.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I put Vicks Vapor Rub under my nose and on my nostrils at night when I go to bed. It keeps me clear. The little lady doesn't like it much though...

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to the Doctor yesterday for sinus relief, I couldn't stand it any longer. Ten days of duck hunting in Arkansas had taken it's toll.

A shot of steroids, Decadron, and some antibiotics in the butt had me feeling better before I got back to work. This morning I was a new man. He also gave me some Omnicef(cefdinir) antibiotics to take for seven days. Sometimes he'll give me that "Z-Pac" of antibiotics. Either seem to work fine.

Them ducks is wary.
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to my family folklore, the only remedy is to bury an old washrag in the backyard...[:D][}:)]
  • boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can do a home sinus flush, very simililar to what DIRTYRAT posted and doctor approved. Water-Pic, warm water, epsom salt or regular, I prefer epsom. Take the "jet" attachment off the water pic, use without any. Mix up some salts & warm water, close off your throat, turn it on and stick it in your nose, your life history will flush out the open nostril unless you open your throat, oops. This sounds gross and/or crazy but really works.

The sinuses are all connected and the right side will just flush out the left and vice-versa.

Them ducks is wary.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zicam- Over the counter, Works great for me.

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try this it works. It clears sinuses wicked quick.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc1010.html

101 proof peppermint schnapps. One shot of that and sinuses are clear.

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis