In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Another New Rimfire!?!?!?

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Has anyone else heard about the newest rimfire coming out? It is supposedly a .17 rimfire based on the .22lr.

Here is a link to midway for a new ammo but doesnt list many specs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/974425

Ok found the specs

Muzzle Velocity: 2100 fps
Muzzle Energy: Not yet available

Recommended Uses: Varmint hunting, small game, plinking.

Notes:

This cartridge is based on the 22 Long Rifle necked down to 17 caliber.

It is not a variation of the 17 Magnum Rimfire and is not interchangeable with it.

RUGER.jpgNRA_FLAG_2.gif8.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muzzle Velocity: 2100 fps
    Muzzle Energy: Not yet available

Recommended Uses: Varmint hunting, small game, plinking.

Notes:

This cartridge is based on the 22 Long Rifle necked down to 17 caliber.

It is not a variation of the 17 Magnum Rimfire and is not interchangeable with it.

___________________________________________________________________-

[?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?]

Typo maybe [?]

gun.gif
    "Those who live by the sword get shot
    by those who don't." [:D]
    [img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    I read about this cartridge back when the 17 BMR was first introduced.
    As I recall, the ammunition was to be manufactured by Aguila and would be Eley primed.
    There were reportedly problems getting production underway on Agila's end.
    That was the last I heard. Maybe they have finally straightened out the production problem.
    Or maybe they had the problems taken care of long ago and decided that they have been successful in designing yet another cartridge with no real utility.

The Bush administration sends tens of thousands of American military to protect the sovereignty of nations around the world, while trading our own sovereignty for hispanic votes!
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now Ruger can make their 17 cal.Single Six a convertible.Another one to collect.
    EvilDr235

Two types of people drive old cars.Rich people because they want to and poor people because they have to.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing new, Jack Blake in Fresno,Ca built his own gun and dies 20+years ago. It was a ground squirrel's worst nightmare too!
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If anyones interested, i found another thread over on Rimfire Central.

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50958&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I am interested in the round, but think it is another needless round. Why the .22lr is so popular is that it is so cheap to shoot. Noone wants to buy this at $7 for a box of 50. Especially when you can just buy the .17hmr that is out now.

RUGER.jpgNRA_FLAG_2.gif8.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin