In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Went shooting today (Targets)

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
STUFF_6_016.jpgSTUFF_6_011.jpg

This was shot at 50yds using Remington Bulk Pack through an unmodified Ruger 10/22. 300rds were shot.

I plan on going back and buying a bunch of this lot of ammo.

**I forgot to add that this was after 700rds of other .22 ammo through this gun today with no cleaning. Shot alot of federal bulk, some cci minimag, cci stinger. The remington was the best. The 300rds was fired as quick as three mags could be filled and then emptied. The barrel got quite warm at times.**

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Comments

• gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Hmmmm, how I miss the smell of gun powder during these cold winter months. Both the wife and I hope to get out and get some shooting in this Saturday!

Question...how many of you love to smell the spent casings after firing? I know I sure do. One of my favotite smells. Do I need therapy?? [:D]

Oh yea...RUGERGUNZ, nice grouping!
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    50yds? whats all that mouse cheeze around the edges? what did you accomplish? there should only be one hole! looks like you thru a tomato thru the target! if you had done that at 100yds, i'd pat you on the back. all i see is a waste of good ammo! hey....gotta remember, i make one holers for a living! im gonna rag ya![:D]

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Gbeggrow

Yeah, I love the smell of gunpowder, however today I also shot the Mini-14 alot using Wolf Ammo. That stuff shoots well but stinks.

Hey Bobski

Dont hold back tell me how you really feel. Im just kidding, I know it isnt the best group in the world, but I thought it was pretty good for 300rds of bulk through a stock gun.

I have a Custom 10/22 that I have built but just havent got the money for the scope. Also having trouble choosing the scope.

Give me some hints for a good scope?

GUN3.jpg

This is a Ruger T/TS limited stock, Volquartsen Stainless Reciever, Volquartsen Trigger Group, Volquartsen Carbon Fiber Barrel with Compensator with a Volquartsen Bolt.

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    That was a 10/22 with iron sights?

I've got three new kinds of 45ACP to try in my Para CCW7.

My AE was not feeding right. The S&B feels like the transition between bullet and case is smoother. I also picked up Fiocchi and PMC.

If this weather holds up (tee shirt with flannel shirt over that) I'll shoot maybe 150 rounds tomorrow about two p.m. (can't work while knee is healing - doctor's orders).

And maybe a hundred through the Tomcat. Man, I dig that little gun.
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    jsergovic

The targets are a Stock Ruger 10/22 topped with a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 scope. There were no mods to the gun, and it was very dirty when I shot this target. I am not a great shot by any means and cannot use iron sights.

I taught myself how to shoot, father and brothers were never interested in guns. I am left eye dominant but right-handed, so I have learned to mount the scope extremely high and arc my head over the stock to use my left eye on the scope. Cant do it any other way.

Have fun shooting tomorrow![8D]

RUGER.jpg