In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wall Safe Recommendation Needed

Wild BillWild Bill Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
I'm in the market to buy a wall safe for a handgun. I want something that provides quick and reliable access (i.e. no turn-dial combination locks or key locks). The two wall safes that I've found that seem like the best all-around fit for my needs, are:1. the "Gunlocker" (www.gunlocker.com), which has an electronic keypad; and 2. another wall safe (http://www.handgunsafe.com/wall_safe.htm), which has a Simplex push button mechanical lock.Does anyone have any personal experience with either of these wall safes, or recommendations for a different/better type?
"Gun control is not about guns; it's about control." "If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson."

Comments

• Options
    j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the Simplex push-button locks work like a champ, and last forever. Easy to work in the dark or when you are looking elsewhere. The electronic locks are also nice; I have been using one for the past 3 months now, without problems. The simplex has fewer combination possibilities, so if someone has repeated access and plenty of time, sooner or later they will get in. The electronic locks usually have a lock-out feature if three attempts are made using a bogus code. I have 2 Simplex lockboxs in my van, and they are just as good after 8 years of hard use as they were when new. Don't know how the digital one will look in 8 years.