In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The .22lr, a right of passage...

leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I was replying to a post in the "ask the experts" forum for a guy who was looking for some feedback on a Marlin 795 .22lr and I started thinking (smoke out my ears) about the .22lr itself. It seems like everyone of my gun buddies has a .22lr of one type or another. Some have many. I hear stories from my dad, and other people his age about their first .22's, how they saved up for so long, or how they sold stuff for that company in the back of the old boyscout handbooks, and kinda relized something (oops there goes a flame out my ear). The .22lr must be a right of passage. For many it may even be that big thing, like a Jewish Varmitsva, that when you own a .22 your are no longer a boy. But a Man. I guess what I'm trying to say is, that if you don't own a .22lr, then you should buy one... or you suck... -More useless information from fried brain of Lee Blackman.

Comments

• Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree 100%....i have 4...Ruger single six, AWESOMERuger 10/22, AWESOMEBrowning BL-22, AWESOMEBeretta 22, Crap!
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Never had one when I was a kid.Don't have one now, except for an H&R .22LR revolver that's missing a part, and I can't find one anywhere in the civilized world.Anybody know who might have parts for a 7-shot H&R "22 SPECIAL"?????I guess this means I suck.[This message has been edited by Lowrider (edited 09-19-2001).]
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you are on to somthing! I have three 22. pistols and I'm not even sure how many 22. rifles I have, most are put up for may two sons. I plan on giving the guns to them on birthdays and at CHRISTmas when they get older.
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lowrider, Have you tried Numrich Gun Parts Corp. for that part?
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I don't think so, but I will right now. Thanks
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have never forgot what one gun writer once said..."there are .22's...and then there are 52's". Wichester model 52, the bolt action .22 that all others are measured against. (Have 4 of them.) Best all around .22 pistols...Smith and Wesson Model 41 and the K-17 Masterpiece. Have a total of (10) .22 caliber guns.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I have 3 M-23 Savage rifles in .22 alone.A Savage M-6B Savage autoA savage M-29BAnd various others.I don`t think I`d want to live in a world without 22 long fifle.It would suck!!In fact, it would suck to only have a few!!
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • Options
    Homer J SimpsonHomer J Simpson Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rembrandt, I like your taste in .22's! 52's, 41's, K-22's, plus Winchester 62's and Trophy SuperMatics RULE.Heck, I never met a .22 that I didn't like. Even the cheapo Ted Williams models have a certain primitive charm. (My first gun).Homer's Household Hint #24 - Buy a brick of .22 ammo every month. Soon you will feel like King Midas.
  • Options
    j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    lost count a long time ago. 22's are still the best value for your $$, and great fun for training the next generation of shooters.There are a lot of charming and under-appreciated old .22 rifles and pistols buried in attics, basements, etc. that need to go back to work.