In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

***wanted: good venison jerky recipe***

treedawgtreedawg Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
let me know if you have a good one that you can share. just got a new dehydrator and want to give it a good workout....thankstodd

Comments

• ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like this one from Outdoor Life10 to 15 lbs ground game meat.2/3 cup curing sugar1 tsp cardamom1 tsp marjoram1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper2 tbsps black pepper3 tbsps liquid smoke2 tbsps water1/4 tsp garlic powderGrind the meat, fold in spices, grind again,let stand for awhile, roll beteween too peices of wax papper 1/4 inch thick, score with knife into strips 1 inch wide(jerky shooter from Cabela's works great)I added water to the wax papper to keep from sticking. Dehydrate.
  • aby80aby80 Member Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cut your meat cross grain about 1/4" to 1/2" thick and anywhere up to 1 1/2" thick. Roll the meat or sprinkle it with salt and a little pepper and put it in your dehydrator. When my father was a child on the ranch there were no freezers so they would salt a little of a cow or deer and then jerky the rest on the top strand of barbed wire in front of the ranch house.