In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Simple question (or maybe not)

RedlegRedleg Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Browning A-Bolt or Remington 700.I like the look of the 300WSM, but the Remington has had a good name in the past. I like the 60 degreee bolt throw of the Browning. Help!.[This message has been edited by Redleg (edited 03-21-2002).]

Comments

• NateNate Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both, the simple answer.I ended up with the Browning just because dad has the 700 and i didnt want to have the exact same gun as him. We are both left handed and dont have alot of choices.Both are accurate out of the box (usually)My A-bolt in 7 Rem Mag will shoot three round groups under 3/4" at 100 yards with remington factory ammo. I cant ask for more then that.I would go to a shop that has both and see which one fits you better.
  • Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Remington has had a lot of adverse press lately and their trigger is getting worse every year. I would go with the Browning if those were the only 2 choices.
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my sendero 7mm mag plugs one ragged hole at 100yds. people BUILD rifles to get that. And my triggers are great, I set em all the way down to approx. 2lbs. Of course, my a-bolt, for not being a bull barrel shoots very well too, although the 7mm-08 caliber does some of the work for the barrel.
  • bill2740bill2740 Member Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at the Browning A-Bolt II Stalker with the BOSS system in 300 Win Mag. 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards.
    Bill