In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

mini tillers

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
got a chance to use a craftsmen mini tiller this weekend, i have to say i'm impressed the darn thing is like a dremel tool for dirt

Comments

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got rid of our big old Toro. Wife couldn't handle it any longer!
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Got my wife a little troy built last year. She is riding it around the garden today.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    Got my wife a little troy built last year. She is riding it around the garden today.

[?][?][?]
    Her broom is broke down.
    edited November -1

[?][?][?]
    Her broom is broke down.

Gotcha'! [;)]
    I think if she could ride it, she would. Its like a tractor for women.

IMG_1850.jpg
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    them small tiller are nice for close work in a small garden but for larger areas i got my wife a pogo stick...she rides it around and i get to watch her ta ta's bounce[:p][;)][:D]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My little one not only tils between the rows but because of bad mixing of oil and gas on my part. I get rid of bugs too[:o)]
  • RinkRink Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a medium-sized rototiller, A Troy-built, the only problem is it wont work, my huney tells me it doesnt seem to be getting gas in it (he's done everything to get it to run, so I dont know if we'll be getting this running soon or not.

:-(
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rink
    Got a medium-sized rototiller, A Troy-built, the only problem is it wont work, my huney tells me it doesnt seem to be getting gas in it (he's done everything to get it to run, so I dont know if we'll be getting this running soon or not.

:-(

you need a pogo stick too ?[:D]
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Mine likes to pull the rear plug out of the Harley when she rides it in the garage.

And she don't have to get her hands dirty..[:D]
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...We use a Troy-Built for initial deep tilling. We had a Ryobi that lasted a few years, until the bronze gears gave up. For what they cost, I bought another one that now has about 5 years on it. It's only for tilling between rows.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    What ever happened to a good ol'fashioned "HOE"?
    Now, i like 2-stroke engines as much as the next guy, but, DAMN!!!
    Pop had a GRAVELY, back in the day, i believe it was 12 hp. Pulled a 7", single bottom plow. From there, it was HOE and GO!![;)][:D]
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    What ever happened to a good ol'fashioned "HOE"?

My wife won't let me have one. Don
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Afrade you'll become attached??[:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Afrade you'll become attached??[:D]

Dcon is the gift that keeps on giving. [:)]
  • ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    I just bought one of those cultivator attachments for my weedeater. Used it today before planting some more corn and it worked real well. Of course, I just tilled it last month with the Troy Built so the ground is still soft.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bought a rear tine, counter rotating troybuilt a few weeks back. Guy bought it, used it once, and let it sit for 2yrs. he payed $600,...I gave him $250 and cleaned out the carb,....good as the day she was new.

Our garden is 15'x80'[8D] But the neghbors have been warned about the possibility of 22short reports since the damn rabbits have been out lately.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ljwrench
    I just bought one of those cultivator attachments for my weedeater. Used it today before planting some more corn and it worked real well. Of course, I just tilled it last month with the Troy Built so the ground is still soft.

I have had the attachment for years. I use my big rear tine tiller where I can and use the weed eater tiller when I have to cultivate the garden. Don
  • entdocentdoc Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got the little Honda 4 stroke, starts first time every time
  • breddyrrtbreddyrrt Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 4 stroke Honda Harmony. The way to go, it starts every year with less than attentive maintenance.
  • lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a craftsman 4 stroke. Handiest little garden tool ever.
  • ebeshirsebeshirs Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a craftsman that was given to me. Only catch was it didn't have tines. Been trying to find some; they are of the 8" variety. Anyone have any extra they wouldn't mind parting with? I'd buy and pay shipping.