In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BETTER KEEP IN TOUCH

Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I received this on e-mail and thought I would pass it on....
Jake, the rancher, went one day to fix a distant fence. > > > > > The wind was cold and gusty and the clouds rolled gray and dense, > > > > > > > > > The temperature had fallen, the wind and snow began to blow. > > > > >As he pounded the last staples in and gathered tools to go. > > > > > When he finally reached his pickup, he felt a heavy heart, > > > > > from the sound of that ignition, he knew it wouldn't start. > > > > > So Jake did what most of us do if we had been there. > > > > > He humbly bowed his balding head and sent aloft a prayer. > > > > > > > > > > As he turned the key for the last time, he softly cursed his > > > > > luck. > > > > > They found him three days later, frozen stiff in that old truck. > > > > > Now Jake had been around in life and done his share of roamin'. > > > > > But when he saw Heaven, he was shocked -- it looked just like > > > > > Wyomin'. > > > > > > > > > > Of all the saints in Heaven, his favorite was St. Peter. > > > > > Now, this line ain't needed but it helps with rhyme and meter. > > > > > So they set and talked a minute or two, or maybe it was three, > > > > > Nobody was keepin' score -- in Heaven time is free. > > > > > > > > > > "I've always heard," Jake said to Pete, "that God will answer > > > > > prayer, > > > > > But one time I asked for help, well, He just plain wasn't there." > > > > > > > > > > "Does God answer prayers of some, and ignore the prayers of > > > > > others? > > > > > That don't seem exactly square -- I know all men are brothers." > > > > > > > > > > "Or does he randomly reply, without good rhyme or reason? > > > > > Maybe, it's the time of day, the weather or the season." > > > > > "Now I ain't trying to act smart, it's just the way I feel, > > > > > And I was wonderin', could you tell me -- what the heck's the > > > > > deal?" > > > > > > > > > > Peter listened very patiently and when Jake was done, > > > > > There were smiles of recognition, and he said, "So, you're the > > > > > one!!" > > > > > "That day your truck, it wouldn't start, and you sent your prayer > > > > > a flying, > > > > > You gave us all a real bad time, with hundreds of us trying." > > > > > > > > > > "A thousand angels rushed, to check the status of your file, > > > > > But you know, Jake, we hadn't heard from you in quite a while." > > > > > "And though all prayers are answered, and God ain't got no quota, > > > > > > > > > > He didn't recognize your voice, and started a truck in North > > > > > Dakota." > > > > > > > > > > BETTER KEEP IN TOUCH!

Comments