In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why don't these darn vending machine's take pennies???

leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I have this, I over hear working, well not really but I'm supposed to be, and getting kinda thirsty but I ran out of the shiney change, nothing left but pennies, all I need is five more cents to get a coke, but no. The darned engineers who made the stupid vending machine decided that it shouldn't accept pennies. And now I'm going to go thirsty the rest of the day till I can go home. I hate those vending machine engineers. I bet they have a Vending Machine Engineering Text Book that has one of those special rules that says you can't biuld vending machines that take pennies. They probably even have a zero-tolerance policy for it.Just being goofy
"Because the next dealers price is only a click away..." -I thought that one up. :)

Comments

• kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There used to be machines that accpted pennies ... but your probably not old enough to remember penny gum ...
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • hackerhacker Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    remember the scene in dr. strangelove where the british officer doesnt have change for the soda machine and the wacko general pumps rounds into it until it dumps cans all over the floor? who hasnt wanted to do that at one time.
    hi karate and old spice
  • sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was a teenager I worked at a local gas station. Drug store across the street with Coke machines outside. A guy in his mid-thirtys used to stop every nite to buy pop. One nite I watched him kicking the $%^t out of the machine. He leaves only to return. He gets out of the car and proceeds to execute this machine with 6 well placed shots. Gets back into the car and drives away. Three min. later a parade of police cars going the same way. Always curious what ever became of him.....
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    When I was 10 the drink machines had bottles in a horizontal position with the caps exposed and one over the other inside a narrow glass door.We`d sneak out of the house with a bottle opener and the biggest glasses we had in the house,to the motel a couple hundred yards away,pop them caps and let`er pour.The next day the ol` boy who owned the place would find them all half empty/or half full, depending on how he saw it.Half empty I suppose.
  • KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Darn, and I thought i was the only one that did that. and the machines that held them upright could be syphoned with a piece of surgical tubing. Not that I would have ever done that... Watch out for the lawnmowers, they are out to get you.
    Have Gun, will travel
    edited November -1
    What`s LMAO mean??
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I know it's possible to accept pennies. The ones at the post office do!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah,I just figured it out,guess I aint such a dumb hick after all.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    218 I am a dumb hick. What does it mean?
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Dave3Dave3 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    laughing my * off.