In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MAGSAFE AMMO

Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
The now-famous Strasbourg tests put MagSafe on the map. To summarize what nearly everyone already knows, over 600 live French Alpine goats (their bodies are very much like humans) were shot under controlled conditions: no anesthetic, same shot placement from animal to animal, and with blood pressure and heart rate monitors to determine the Incapacitation Time (a measure of how long it took a goat to cease functioning after the single shot was delivered).

MagSafe Ammo worked - better than anything else. tests were done without MagSafe's knowledge, so some versions tested were the lowest powered. For example, two types of .380 ACP are offered; the .380 Defender, a 60-grainer at 1,360 fps in a Colt Mustang; and the .380 MAX (designed for a big city's undercover drug agents) with a 52-grain slug sizzling along at 1,620 fps in the Mustang.

The Defender has 247 ft-Ibs of energy, while the MAX load has 303 ft-Ibs. The Defender's lower velocity hampered stopping power, resulting in an Average Incapacitation Time (AIT) of 7.12 seconds. That's the average time for five different goats, each shot once with the MagSafe 60-grain Defender.

However - and this is where things get interesting - there wasn't a jacketed hollowpoint bullet in ANY caliber that dropped the goats faster than MagSafe's weakest .380 load!

MagSafe's .380 beat every .45 ACP slug, every 10mm, every 9mm (including police-only ammo), every .40 caliber - no matter who made it - Cor-Bon, Remington, Glaser and HydraShok.

In fact, MagSafe's lowest-powered .380 ACP load had an AIT faster than the best manstopper of all time - Remington's .357 Magnum 125-grain JHP!

MagSafe Ammo is faster, recoils less, and stops attackers faster than any other ammunition in the world. Elite forces are outfitted with MagSafe, from Navy SEALS to the Royal Hong Kong Police anti-gang units, from big-city undercover narcs to guards at some of America's meanest prisons.

The reason is simple. MagSafe works. It's expensive, but it works. You really can turn your .380 into .45 auto, but you have to pay for this kind of hand-crafted performance.

Any one believe this?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS AMMO I READ SOME STUFF ABOUT IT IN HANDGUNS LOOKED OK.THINKING ABOUT GETTING SOME FOR THE LITTLE LADY'S 9MM WALT
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DOESNT ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MAGSAFE AMMO??
  • Options
    ebeshirsebeshirs Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard the name, but as I am not independantly wealthy, I cannot afford such luxuries.
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    It's good stuff. I NEVER had any problems with it. Actually pretty clean too.
    When it absolutely, positively,has to be destroyed overnight.....U.S. MARINES. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I will say I have never heard anything negative about it, which sometimes counts for a lot. Check out the Glaser ammo, too (they were first with the concept, I think). Not so hot an idea if perp is wearing heavy leather jacket or some such. May not be best idea for winter months.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I HADNT THOUGHT ABOUT THE HEAVY CLOTHING THING,MAYBE WE'LL JUST STICK TO THE HYDRA SHOCKS
  • Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I got my wife her Bersa Thunder .380 (don't look at me like that, she picked it out. "It's pretty" she says), I got an extra magazine with it. One has Magsafe, one has hydra-shok. We figure that if she empties both of those and still needs firepower, the 12-gauge is within easy reach. I haven't heard anything bad about magsafe ammo. And for near $3 per shot, I had better never anything bad about it.
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."