In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wenger/Swiss Army

Spring CreekSpring Creek Member Posts: 1,260
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Nearly 4 years ago, I bought one of the most expensive watches I had ever bought. A quality Wenger Swiss Army watch. It served me well up until about 6 weeks ago, when I caught it on a piece of equipment and tore the stem from it.I sent it to Wenger, along with $7.50 for postage, hoping they could repair it for a reasonable fee. Apparently, due to damage beyond repair,what did I get in the mail today? A brand new watch, complete with new watchband identical to the original at no cost.Now, that's what I call standing behind a product!!!

Comments

• Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish the knifemaker Edge Company did the same thing. I bought a knife from them about 6 years ago. This knife has a lifetime warranty. Recently, the black horn handles on it have started to warp and bend away from the knife. When I contacted them about how to have this repaired or replaced, they said they couldn't (wouldn't) do it and referred me to an expensive custom knifemaker, who never bothered to respond to my request for information and prices.If you get a chance, buy a knife from anybody except EDGECO!
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."