In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is there any REAL news coverage?

stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
How many have heard the details of the hijackings? The stories about the flight attendants having their wrists bound and their throats slit! Is the media fearful that these images would be too inflamatory? How about photos of the SCUM? I saw picture of them once or twice over a couple of days, then nothing! IMHO the media and this administration have decided to protect us from the truth....FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY! I happen to think more of FOX news than I do the other channels, but even Bill O'Reilly has been tiptoeing around the real details of the event!We had Mc'Veigh's image paraded in front of us for weeks on end, split screen with a fireman carrying a dead infant!If these murderers had been blonde hair, blue eyed, the media wouldn't be able to show enough photos of them!Call me ghoulish if you must, but I want to know the whole story....... not just what the Bush Camp thinks I can handle!
My wife?.........Sure!My dog?..........Maybe!MY GUNS??........NEVER!!!

Comments

• Options
    drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
    edited November -1
    I agree Our media sucks as far as censorship goes, funny the media that crys freedom of speech and press finds it their duty to edit the crap out of everything and never bring us any good news. Till last week I hadn't watched network news in over a year.My overseas connections say even they aren't getting any real coverage, but I'll keep trying.drawn
  • Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd just like to see NEWS, not an update on old reports. This evening, I was watching a sitcom for the first time in over a week,(which I needed), and it was interrupted for a "news" flash. It was just a re-report of the same stuff they had showed at 5pm, nothing new. That's senseless. And a few days ago, I didn't even know there was a hurricane approaching Florida until a relative who lives there called to tell me. That's the kind of thing I would've liked to know. Am I alone in thinking this way?
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."[This message has been edited by Mark II (edited 09-18-2001).]