In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oh for god sakes!!! What is happening to this site

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
I have always highly regarded this site as being informitive, and I have made many friends here, but the postings from the last couple of days have really turned my stomach!! Im beginning to think that instead of being in a forum of educated men , im in some cyber chat room with a bunch of damm people who have nothing to do but speculate and fight and argu.
If Eric was shot then give the facts, copy an obit or a death certificate and we will all pay our respects as we see fit.
Lets all act like the adults we are and use this site for that which it was intended!!! Hope I haven't stepped on anybodys toes but thats the way I see it!!! Pa.

Comments

• Options
    UnbatolocoUnbatoloco Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree 100 percent with you pabooger.

24 HOURS IN A DAY ,24 CANS OF BEER IN A CASE !!COINCIDENCE??

Edited by - unbatoloco on 08/30/2002 17:55:03
  • Options
    txnhntrtxnhntr Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    could not have been put better.

glen e nuinez
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Been on this site for a while and have seen a change here and there and at times things get out of hand. "General Distruction" is just that!!!- It's fun and believe it or not you will learn alot by just listening. If you have a real question- go to "Ask the Experts".
    I enjoy a more practical conversation- but you got to take the bad with the good!!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Lets all act like the adults we are and use this site for that which it was intended!!! This is a gun forum. Let's not talk about the possibly that one of our members was shot with a gun. Why would that be of any interest to a bunch of gun enthusiasts that might just care a little about others on this forum? Lets not post any more jokes, can't talk about cars either. The job you do, nope not a gun topic. Religion, sex, work, tools, how you felt today, THIS IS A GUN FORUM. Post just the FACTS-now--just the facts.Come on guys lighten up. This is a "GERERAL DISCUSSION" forum. Not every post has to be strictly about gun information. I agree sometimes things REALLY stray off the subject, and YES at times posts for some topics and some people DO GET CARRIED AWAY. But you do have the option, as all of us do, to choose which post you will read and respond to.This is copied from the "Posting Guidelines" here on GunBroker---Other stuff we automatically delete: Complaints or criticism about these message forums.

If I knew then, what I know now.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEY! HEY! I JUST HAD A NOVEL IDEA! WHY DON"T WE JUST SKIP OVER WHAT WE DON"T LIKE?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HEY! HEY! I JUST HAD A NOVEL IDEA! WHY DON"T WE JUST SKIP OVER WHAT WE DON"T LIKE?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rosie likes to repeat a lot!!!!!!! just like me!!!!!just like me!!!!!!
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I even have learned to respect those I disagree with, and some folks have even changed my mind on a few issues. I'll bet that 99% of the folks here are just what they present themselves as. I still like you folks. The proof is in the pudding. There were a lot of well wishers and prayers generated here. That's the kind of folk I like to deal with.

Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ishbiblyodendodenboboschedetien dotenityodyohhoo!
    Squahely for- "OH WELL"!
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AWWWW ! but that is the spice of life ! the turmoil of egos at war for
    thoose things so important as buying a new gun or my dog is bigher than yours endless loop ... (That type of posting that dont flush down even weighting it with a lead brick !!!!) but diversity is the spice of life and you must learn to see the good side of them all....

The bad thing about being too informative is many times your post gets flushed fast (no reply's) but you crack a funny posting and the darn thing gets hundreds of reply .....

This in a sense proves this forum is an scape from reality ,the comic intermision in the life of many just to forget the daily toil of a boring life....

But you have a point falling in aquiesense as the Romans did in the last days of Rome is not funny at all...

KNOK! KNOK! Hellow!? Homeland security, hand over all your guns....
    you and your family are under arrest .... You are being transfered to FEMA detention camp #44.....

JD

400 million cows can't be wrong ( EAT GRASS !!! )
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My mouse went full auto. Guess I filed the sear a little too much!
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rosie -

Repeat after me - jeweler's rouge, jeweler's rouge, jeweler's rouge.

Taking a FILE to yer mouse's sear!

Good Lord.
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    I must have missed the post that this refers to. I like this forum and it's diversity. But do I really have to act like an adult all of the time - sheess - you sound like my wife, when she says "Am I the only adult around here?" She should know after 19 years......

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    How in the heck could you have missed the Eric Williams Fiasco?? where were ya up on the space station for crying out loud!!!
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Mebbe so- I see Hiz Honor has returned from his trip to the heavens (or wherever it is that Dreads go to.....)

Anytime something is open to the public, some of the rabble will slip through the door. It's just the "cost of doing business", let's forget about it and move on.

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

Edited by - Matt45 on 09/01/2002 11:03:44