In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No Winning Bid Notification

Lew99Lew99 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I bid on a shotgun and the listing shows me to be the winning bidder. I have not received a confirmation from GB, or the seller. I have searched the "problem email" list and have sent email to both GB and the seller. I have not paid any money yet, so I'm not out anything, just wanted to know what else I could or should do?

Comments

• v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you print out the ad and your winning bid notice?
  • Lew99Lew99 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes. I also saved it to the hard drive.
  • p0838p0838 Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact the seller by going to the problem bidder section and get his tel. number and give him a call.
    edited November -1
    Got the number and called, he is out until Wednesday. I just don't want any bad fedback about timely transactions. I don't really care as much about the gun as I do the feedback. I want to maintain a good reputation since I plan to do more business here.
    edited November -1
    The auction closed Friday night. I am high bidder and there is no reserve. The item is Item #3375408. Maybe someone else can see something I am overlooking. I have send email to the seller and GB Tech regarding the lack of contact.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lew --When you called and found out he won't be back until Wednesday, that may be your answer. Could be you'll get your notice on his return to his computer. Whenever I don't get immediate response, my additional e-mails will have in the subject "Second Notice," "Third Notice," and so on. Just to let him know he may have missed a previous one, and that I have been trying. EBay has the "auction is a contract" thing down pretty airtight, and I assume Gunbroker will back you on that aspect as well. He can't just change his mind or sell it in the shop. It's theoretically yours, pending your sending payment. But I'd wait until he confirms before sending anything. No point in getting in any deeper until you know what's going on for sure. If he welches on it, be sure to notify GB. That's something auction sites take seriously, because it affects their credibility.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the feedback. Since I haven't sent any money, I'll just wait and see.
    edited November -1
    Got an email from the seller today and all is well. Thanks for the tips and support.
  • Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    I had this happen to me twice, and the simular type occurance happen with notification that there were replies to board topics I posted.In each circumstance the e-mail was delivered to my Junkmail portion of e-mail account.
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!