In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

And you guys think NUNN is tough? funny story

GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
So I'm at work monday, things were kind of slow so I hopped onto the forum for the software my company uses. Answered a few posts regarding technical issues, was feeling pretty proud of myself :-) So when I come back from lunch today I had a voice mail waiting for me. VP of Legal Services from the software company! Well, at that point I knew what the call was about. The VP of Legal Services doesn't just call up customers to see how the software is holding out. Seems he didn't like one of the posts that I put on the forum. On it I happened to mention it was possible to take a look under the covers of their software to see how it ran. He was pretty cool about it, said that I shouldn't have put that on a public forum where others might think it's acceptable to do. Like I said, he was pretty cool about it and wasn't worried that I was doing something malicious. Afterwards I had to chuckle about the whole thing. It's not every day you get a call from the VP of Legal Services for a Fortune 500 type of company! I have to admit my pulse quickened a little when I first listened to his voice mail. In all, .... lessen learned! :-)[This message has been edited by GreenLantern (edited 01-09-2002).]

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beads of sweat dripping from all parts of your body. I know the feeling. I had a guy that left for basic training this week that I recruited back in November. He was close to being overweight and he was a friend of mine. I was all over him constantly. He left the office 6 pounds overweight and eeked in just under the allowable body-fat percentage. I was sweating bullets because he would have been dropped like a bad habit if that had happened and I would have been answering to the commanding General of U.S. Army Recruiting Command. Did you know that sleeping with 50 feet of plastic wrap around your waist takes inches off your belly overnight? It's worked every time.
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Idsman- Not only the wrap but a tube of, THIS IS NO JOKE, Preparation-H will do even more wonders. That and a little E-Lax for dessert......We have shipped out 3 or 4 like that in the last 3 months.
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!