In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 35 or H&K .45 Tactical

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
Now that I have a Glock 22, I know that Glocks are accurate and durable, but now im looking into getting a Glock 35 since it has a longer barrel, or a H&K .45 tacticl. Out of these two guns which one would be better suited for a range of around 50 yards? Or are they about the same? and which one is more durrable? or are they about the same?

Comments

• Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gene......What kind of groups are you getting at 50 yds. with your present gun?If I get one in the X ring at 50 yds with a handgun, it's only because I've gotten a lot luckier with that round than with the first 149 rounds.Mudge
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 2 ft. 1 if im lucky. So for longer ranges I was looking for a gun with a longer barrel to get better accuracy, and a gun thats as, or more reliable than a Glock. So my two choices are a Glock 35, and a H&K .45 tactical. I know a .45 tactical is a couple hundred more than a Glock 35, but is .45 tactical worth the price?
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Gene-It kinda boils down to a couple of things in my mind-What kinda goodies do you use/mount on your pistols?What feels more comfortable?Which has more configureration/caliber options? (And are you interested in that?) And last, but not least-The HK Tactical is the US Special Operations Command designated sidearm. (But I don't want to sound biased. I have two main carry guns-an HK .45 Compact and a Glock 21)
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!