In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bought these then realized what they were.

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Stopped at Walmart today to buy some veggies and wandered by the ammo cabinet. Saw they had some CCI 22 ammo so I bought the allotted 3 boxes. Got home and noticed it's the low velocity stuff. I guess it's subsonic at 710 FPS. Damn, I may be able to throw the bullet almost that fast.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of the subsonic ammo is extremely accurate, the low MV is not that important. Subsonic is under 1060 FPS.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    pest control both 2 and 4 legged
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot it thru a silencer and it hardly makes any noise! Kill them pest!
  • Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    If they were the 1050fps, I'd buy em,
    thru GB of course.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't feel bad. I did the same thing. A while back BiMart had a few boxes of Remington. So I bought the obligatory two boxes. Got home and noticed they said 'SubSonic'.

Oh well. I'll shoot them at a sloooow type critter.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those CCI sub sonic's leave the barrel at 1050fps.
    From the 1920's to the 2000's, before suppressors got popular, we called them STANDARD VELOCITY.[;)]
  • Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    From the 1920's to the 2000's, before suppressors got popular, we called them STANDARD VELOCITY.[;)]

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=481096385
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by proapp
    quote:Originally posted by babun

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=481096385

Are his "subsonic" or "quiet". 2 different loads.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=480909542
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    He Who Art Greedy
    Screwith Up [:o)]
    Might as Well Have A Givith Away[;)]
  • Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87
    He Who Art Greedy
    Screwith Up [:o)]
    Might as Well Have A Givith Away[;)]
    i love the idea +1 and i'm in, thanks doc for your sweet giveaway
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well at least you can shoot the critters in the top of your barn and want put a hole in the metal roof.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The box says 710 FPS not 1050. Says "Quiet" and I believe it. Oh well, I have 3 boxes of it and I can shoot it or swap it. Won't get any more though. Now I understand why there was so much on the shelf. Not a big seller.
    ....................................................................................................
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They shoot better than the Aguilia or CB longs. I think the Remington Subsonic or CCI subsonic shoots the best of the quiet ammo but they are much louder than the CCI quiet.

Those are quiet though and can be shot in a rifle in an urban environment. They are louder than a powerful air rifle but not all that loud. In a pistol they are loud.

I enjoy shooting them but I like the subsonic better. No need for ear protection with them at least for me.
    RLTW

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    but can you throw them that accurately? Subsonic has multiple benefits, as I see it.[:)] If you don't want it, how much do you want for it?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can I throw the bullets as accurately as I can shoot them? You obviously haven't seen me shoot...

I paid $2.97 for each plus tax and if you want them send me $9 plus whatever the shipping is by UPS and you can have them. Wild guess the shipping will be $5 so if worth it to you let me know and I'll get them out and you can send me a check.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    Can I throw the bullets as accurately as I can shoot them? You obviously haven't seen me shoot...

I paid $2.97 for each plus tax and if you want them send me $9 plus whatever the shipping is by UPS and you can have them. Wild guess the shipping will be $5 so if worth it to you let me know and I'll get them out and you can send me a check.
    So.... yes? How many in a box? If it's 25 per, I'll pass.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have 3 boxes of 50 count. Total 150 rounds. Email me your mailing address and I'll take them out to UPS.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have 3 boxes of 50 count. Total 150 rounds. Email me your mailing address and I'll take them out to UPS.
    nearly 11 cents per round for subsonic? I'll still pass. Thanks for the offer though. Enjoy shooting them.[:)]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doc, did you say damn when you read the box at home?[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Something like that. I wondered why they had so much of it and then I figured out why. It's not selling real fast. Too wimpy to cycle an auto loader I would imagine. Only use is indoor shooting. Likely goes Pffft from a rifle.
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..Unless you're shooting at long range (for a .22), I don't know
    why you'd be disappointed that they're lower velocity. If the target
    is paper, a can or no bigger than a bunny, it won't know the difference. I probably shoot near as many of that type as any other.
    Starlings on the bird feeder can't tell any difference....[^] They
    do cycle some semi autos.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have to believe reducing the velocity 1/3 will cause a rainbow like trajectory. Also like I said won't work an auto gun. Limited usefulness.
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..Aw heck Doc, shoot 'em up in a revolver, bolt or lever gun and then clear your mind of the mistake. It's not like you bought a pricey gun and then discovered it wasn't the caliber you thought it was. Who knows, they might turn out to be more accurate at 25 yds. than you thought.
    ..In the 60's, my Pops bought a box of .22 WMR, not realizing what they were. After he passed on, I finally found someone who had a use for them. You're not out all that much and at least you can shoot 'em up.
    ..I once bought a Stevens single shot rifle in .25-20. In my ignorance, I didn't know that it wasn't the common .25-20 Winchester. Now, that was a more expensive boo-boo!....[:0]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a brick of it. Great for squirrels and bunnies.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I have to believe reducing the velocity 1/3 will cause a rainbow like trajectory. Also like I said won't work an auto gun. Limited usefulness.
    It will work a browning auto-22 just fine. I love them.
  • Options
    rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    I believe those are the ones that cycle in my 10/22 when using my suppressor. all you hear is the hammer hitting the pin.

which ww are they in? I'm in greenville sc.