In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

what's up with wal-mart???

wiredogwiredog Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I quit shopping at Kommunist Kmart and stopped in wally world to get a couple things, went to the sporting goods department and noticed EVERY gun was gone! None on the shelf. What's up? Have they stopped selling guns all together? If so, Sam Walton must be turning over in his grave. He was a big time hunter. So sad.
I spent all my money on guns, women, and beer. The rest I just wasted.wiredog70@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    bfairbfair Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went to my Super Wally World Yesterday and it had been evacuated for a bomb threat.
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wally and k-fart both had signs up saying that do to recent happenings, if you want to look at guns, they're in the lay away dept. until further notice. they probably realize that if the little blue haired ladies shopping for sporting goods see a gun, they might have a fatal something or other on the spot. undoubtably at least giving night mares about terrorists with knives because wal-mart didn't have any guns on display obviously will stop them from getting them.
    you squirrells had better have nuts in your mouths, or your going downtown![This message has been edited by diver-rig (edited 09-16-2001).]
  • Options
    NEEDCOLDNEEDCOLD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what the deal is, but I just bought 2 cases of shells this morning at Wally World. Nothing was taken off the shelves. .22's -.300WM were available.You maybe have a paranoid manager there.
  • Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to a wal-mart today, and they were doing a brisk business in the sporting goods/firearms department. I have heard of some wal-marts not selling firearms at this time, and I do intend (as a stock-owner of wal-mart) to write them a letter expressing my displeasure with that policy, whether it is store-by-store or a corporate policy.
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our Walmart had business as usual, but one thing I noticed is that they are low on almost all types of semi-auto ball handgun ammunition.
  • Options
    dhdh Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is the response from Wal-Mart that I got this morning. Thank you for your message.Thank you for giving Wal-Mart the opportunity to set the record straightabout our position on selling firearms in our stores. We are sorry for the misinformation you were given. Wal-Mart has sold firearms in our stores for the past 38 years, and we haveno plans to discontinue this. We appreciate the fact that we have becomethe local destination of choice for American sportspeople and we willcontinue to meet the needs of these customers throughout the nation. Thank you again for taking time out of your day to bring this concern to us.I do hope this letter clarifies our position and our commitment to take careof our sporting goods customers.
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to K-Mart on Sunday and they ARE selling both guns and ammo. This is in a store about 12 miles south of Detroit. In fact, they had some of their ammo on sale...
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wal-mart is selling it all some of the ammo is even on sale
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • Options
    joonya187joonya187 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Wal-Mart has sold firearms in our stores for the past 38 years, and we haveno plans to discontinue this. We appreciate the fact that we have becomethe local destination of choice for American sportspeople and we willcontinue to meet the needs of these customers throughout the nation". Wow could they possibly be more vague? It would be sad if there is one 'Sam walton' mgr around (representatively), who would want to tow the same old 'weak' (insert your description of this BS here) line.
  • Options
    wiredogwiredog Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went back and spoke with the manager of the walmart and was told all guns were moved to layaway and had to be purchased through layaway. They were afraid of what happened during desert storm when people were buying 4-5 guns at a time. I do not know if you could purchase them outright or had to put them on layaway to get them. Strange to say the least. This is another good example that you should support your local gun shop even if the same gun costs a little more than wal-marts. I have never bought a gun from wal-mart, only ammo. I have purchased a .22 from kommunist kmart several years ago because it was on sale. A synthetic 10-22 with a scope. I do not buy from them anymore and do still support local gun stores. I like the friendly conversation and stories shared. It's more personal than a retail store.
    I spent all my money on guns, women, and beer. The rest I just wasted.wiredog70@hotmail.com