In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Internet answering service

mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
I currently subscribe to a service called CallWave. This is a service that works just as my answering machine does except that it intercepts phone calls when I'm on the internet. They have just pi$$ed me off by increasing the cost of the service by 200%.Does anybody know of a service like CallWave that is any cheaper?Mudge the outraged
I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!

Comments

• Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Mudge, sorry to hear about the bogus rate increase. It's been a few years since I used a dial-up service, so I really don't remember the names of any of those services. But, in the end, maybe you should consider moving up to DSL or Cable Internet access? It frees up your phone line and gives you LOTS more speed. My wife and I spent a lot of time pondering whether we could afford cable way back when. Today, I would still use cable at double the price, I'll never go back (don't tell my service provider, though).
  • Options
    hyperspacehyperspace Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    does your telephone company offer voicemail service as an option for your phone line? or is this what you had that they're raising the price on?
  • Options
    rodgergliderodgerglide Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Mudge...I have CallWave also and the rate I signed up for is $2.95 a month.As I am too far from the switching center for DSL,and my cable co. does not offer cable modems yet,(it's sometimes tough living in south Alabama) it's the only way to go for me.The phone co. wants WAY too much money for a separate line. I have to put up with it,or miss calls.If you find something better,let me know. rodgerglide the "technically challanged"
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all y'all. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and stick with CallWave in spite of the rate increase. Yeah, they offered $2.95 a month if I pay a year in advance. Cable company here doesn't offer computer service to my area. I'd be on it in a heartbeat!Mudge the ripped off
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,963 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pay 'em in Rubles Mudge.