In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I bought another Glock.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Since my idiot neighbor started to pound the walls and run the table saw I went out. First I stopped by Big 5 and picked up some pellets to try in my RWS Diana air rifle. I need to paper that and sight in the scope. Any ways I got a half dozen weights, style and maker of pellets. Didn't find the "Kodiak" so I guess that'll be purchased through on line sources.

So I stopped by the LGS that had the selection of G23s. The regular used G23 was gone but the Compensated G23 was still there. Which kind a confused me since one doesn't see those that often. Since she was still there I asked them to let her out of the glass. I made a mistake thinking she only came with 2 magazines but she came with 4. I also misremembered the price turned out to be $499 and I guess the regular G23 was $449.

Filled out the paperwork and in 10 short days she'll be at her new home. While filling out the paperwork the paperwork in the box had the registration stub stating she was purchased in 2000.

Question this Compensated G23 is what Gen? 2 or 3? I noticed the G23 magazines had only one magazine catch notch unlike my Gen3 G27 which has two. Also what's the differences (other than Gen 2 and 3 and one in case Don feels froggy [:D]) between the two?

I think this one I'll trick out (some). Thinking non ported barrel. Would G22 barrel work in G23? Threaded? maybe. Maybe do a little plastic grinding? Might even spend the bucks on "aluminum trigger group" [:0]. I don't think I could let someone Swiss Cheese the slide. The cost (my cheap * won't allow me to drop all that coin).

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're going to pimp it out, engrave it

As far as your other questions go, I have no idea about Glocks except that I've seen several of them go kaboom
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Pimping a turd.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Ten day wait?

Crap.

That sucks.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    your gen3 magazine is actually a gen4 magazine for the ambi safety{all gen3's sold after they made the gen4 was sold with ambi magazines}

the difference between the gen2 and gen3 is the grip finger grooves
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gen3 she be. I don't think I ever seen a Gen2. I like that. No rail and finger ridges.

remingtonoaks - I rather have her be all trashy with piercings than have her with some tramp stamp "engraving" [:D].

grumpygy - Not going to gold plate her or get crazy with Bedazzle [:D]. Like I mentioned I can't see myself dropping a grand on a $500 gun.

bigoutside - Yup ten days of cooling off period in the state that makes gun laws they have no idea how to enforce them [:D].

1911a1-fan - Oh, that ambi bit makes sense.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clearly you have no friends.[:(]

Friends don't let friends buy Glocks.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have my condolences should have bought a case of Cream of Shrimp instead.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    Ten day wait?

Crap.

That sucks.

Thank God they have it, otherwise Yosh might have gone on a rampage!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

my edc

KqWqD9vl.jpg

I thinking about buying the Zev mag release....pricey but I am not a fan of the smaller gen 3 factory mag release....waiting on my frame to get back the stipples.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

my edc

KqWqD9vl.jpg

I thinking about buying the Zev mag release....pricey but I am not a fan of the smaller gen 3 factory mag release....waiting on my frame to get back the stipples.

I put the factory extended mag release and slide release on all my Glocks. Simple and cheap drop in replacement and they work great.
    http://www.GunBroker.com/item/674196215
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He Dog - No I have no friends. Wanna be my friend?

armilite - I tried, it wasn't my fault. My Walmart didn't have any. The bridge was out. I would've ordered them online but the idiots started to renovate early and I couldn't order them while they made so much noise. Since I bought the Glock I can't afford a can. Doing my best impression of "Jake Blues" [:D].

shilowar - You know I would've gone all Gojira on this damn state.

Just you know. Zev mag release are kinda "big and tall". For my G27 so that's going directly to the G23 for a swap. I may get another one in aluminum finish and make the pad smaller and mill a bit down for the G27.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

I put the factory extended mag release and slide release on all my Glocks. Simple and cheap drop in replacement and they work great.
    http://www.GunBroker.com/item/674196215

thats the first thing i have done to all my glocks, the zev release on this one works fantastic though, the magwell is just ridiculous, you could darn near hit it with a mag sideways and it goes in but does add a 1/4" to the profile which is no big deal for me since i wear larger shirts for ccw anyway

this glock is only a temporary home for the extra parts till i finish my full zev dragonfly build
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn that sucks to have to wait ten days to play with the item you bought.

Like suppressors I hate the thought of paying and waiting
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Ten days ????

WTH ???

Move some place gun friendly !

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll probably get the Zev release, once my frame gets back from the stippler...the wait is killing me!! [:D]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    I love Glocks.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I'll probably get the Zev release, once my frame gets back from the stippler...the wait is killing me!! [:D]

Is that from "American Pie?"

"The Stippler?"

It should comeback looking similar to this one, minus the mag well and it'll be cerakote OD green
    p6KOKea.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    I love Glocks.

and they love you. [:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    He Dog - No I have no friends. Wanna be my friend?

armilite - I tried, it wasn't my fault. My Walmart didn't have any. The bridge was out. I would've ordered them online but the idiots started to renovate early and I couldn't order them while they made so much noise. Since I bought the Glock I can't afford a can. Doing my best impression of "Jake Blues" [:D].

shilowar - You know I would've gone all Gojira on this damn state.

Just you know. Zev mag release are kinda "big and tall". For my G27 so that's going directly to the G23 for a swap. I may get another one in aluminum finish and make the pad smaller and mill a bit down for the G27.

You bet Yosh, ditch the Glock. You need a 1911.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am trying to get out of California. The plan is mid-2019. The company I'm with hands out a $1K if one makes 15 years so I can use that for moving expenses. Cash out the 401k (or is it 403b?) as a down payment for my new place in Washington State. While this condo sells in California. I'll work some crappy job like Kevin Spacy did in "American Beauty". At $15 an hour all I need is 30 hours a week. Or like I mentioned before become a "pot" farmer. Since I don't smoke I won't eat away in to my profits.

He Dog - Awww... you wanna be my friend [:D]. Cool. So why didn't you talk me out of me getting that damn Glock? Where were you? Some friend. Also kind a late for me to get rid of it since I got parts on it's way [:D]. Again why didn't you stop me from buying parts for the Glock?

Dude I got so many 1911's it's not funny. Sure most of them're Detonics Scoremasters but 1911s. Kind a (but better [:D]). I do have a Colt Commander in 80 series that had been worked over by Ed Brown. Oh that one has the "mini-comp". Also a kimber CDP II but that's Lindsay so she don't really count. Yes she a new gun (after the rehab) but I feel she'll go off the rails on a bender. So kind a got 1911's locked up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well the G23C is home. Almost got side swiped in the city of Seaside by the police station. I swear my ride's an accident magnet now.

Gave her a good cleaning. I found some old and crusty copper colored anti-siege and white dried residue. Must be some quick spray cleaner?

Installed the Ghost "Bullet" slide release, Ghost 3.5 trigger and spring kit and Zev mag release. Replacing the firing pin spring was new to me. Kind a like replacing the Kahr K-40. Found some crud in the holes but all clean now.

Installed the Ghost 3.5 Ultimate trigger. It's slotted and "suppose" to keep it cleaner? The trigger (compared to my G27) is about the same? But striker hitting the A-Zoom sounds different. There is more movement in the Ghost "Bullet" slide release in the G23.

The Zev magazine release didn't help with the slow drop. Also needs to be slapped to seat. Don't remember if this was present before the mag release swap.

Cocking the slide the G27 is smoother. I wonder if it's because of the two spring system on the G27?

I guess I'll tear in to the G27 to see what actual trigger she has instead of taking what the LGS told me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:He Dog - Awww... you wanna be my friend . Cool. So why didn't you talk me out of me getting that damn Glock? Where were you? Some friend. Also kind a late for me to get rid of it since I got parts on it's way . Again why didn't you stop me from buying parts for the Glock?

I had a girl friend like you once. Broke up with me for something that happened before I knew her. I think it might have been an excuse.

Anyway I will still be your friend. Ricci aor Kasey will sell that Glock for you. Then we can go 1911 shopping. Let's get Forgemonkey to build you one.[:D]