In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

**help w/offshore fishing in se**

treedawgtreedawg Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
looking for recomendations for a good outfit to go fishing with in the se. would like to troll and bottom fish. i live in atlanta and try to take my guys fishing every year but haven't had any luck in the past few years. do any members run chartes or know a good one??thankstodd

Comments

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how is NC for you? too long a trip or close enough? I hunt with a charter captain from there who is very adept at bringing home several hundred pounds of tuna. Now if you want Rockfish, flounder, perch, croaker, bluefish, catfish, trout, etc, give me a call, I take my boat out in the chesapeake bay 2-3 times per week during the season. Which should be very soon and productive due to the mild winter.
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Take a look some of our local boats.Late March a great time to fish here for Cobia (Ling for Texan's) http://charterguideservice.com/pensacoladiving.htm
    I Refuse to be a VictimGrumpy old man[This message has been edited by 22WRF (edited 03-01-2002).]
  • PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Y'all could jest come sit on my pier with a cane pole and catch some bream.
    The Almighty Himself Entrusted the Future of All Living Creatures to a Wooden Boat.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"Audemus jura nostra defendere"
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Pelican what is bream? Serious question, where I grew up I heard about brim, which is what some called the various sunfish. Is that the same in L.A.?[This message has been edited by He Dog (edited 03-01-2002).]