In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Those with hearing aids;

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
I got my new set of hearing aids yesterday. The latest released aids from Oticon. Just came out end of June. They themselves are just amazing in how much better I can hear,and love them.

But,the thing that got me excited the most,is an accessory from a company called Ear Gear. I complained to my doc that I sweat so bad my aids will get moisture in them and shut down or squeal real bad.

He told me about,and gave me a pair of Ear Gear covers for the aids.
They are little neoprene socks that cover the aids to proctect from dirt and moisture,without decreasing received sound. They also gereatly reduce or eliminate the horrible whistleing of the wind when outside.

I am just very happy with this product,and if you haven't tried them,I sure suggest you do. Best wishes to you all.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wish i could find something to stop the screaming 3 octave 24-7-365 tinnitus in both ears ....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my bouts with tinnitus occur at night when the aids are out.
    My last set of aids were one generation below my new ones. By hearing better during the day,I have had less bouts,and with less intensity of tinnitus.
    Most folks have no idea what it is like. I hope you find some relief.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    wish i could find something to stop the screaming 3 octave 24-7-365 tinnitus in both ears ....

+1,000

THERE IS AN ALL CAPS JOKE IN HERE SOMEWHERE [:D]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

+1,000

THERE IS AN ALL CAPS JOKE IN HERE SOMEWHERE [:D]

WHAT DID YOU SAY? [:D]
  • Options
    Glock23ExpertGlock23Expert Member Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My audiologist got me a few of the EarGears b/c I have the same problem w/ sweat (work outside all day). They work, but when my current behind-the-ear aid dies, NEVER again will I have a behind-the-ear. They are not conducive to my lifestyle nor do I want the constant worry about moisture damage. I'll go back to in-the-canal type, regardless if it isn't powerful enough for my hearing loss.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Gawd...just the mere thought of neoprene in my ears makes me crazy!!!

I am SEVERELY allergic to neoprene!!! I once wore some swim goggles with neoprene gaskets and thought I'd gouge my eyeballs out within an hour after wearing them!!!!!

If I put something like that in my ears...I think I'd have to take a 1/2" Milwaukee drill bit to my ears!!!!!!!! OMG!! It makes me crazy even thinking about it!!
    Who said IN your ear???
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My friend and one of the owners of the building I operate has some that are blue tooth, they automatically connect to his phone, and his TV at home.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lost most the hearing in my left ear in Vietman. The recently the VA gave me a hearing aid for this ear. I could not tell that it made the slightest difference. I will ask about Oticon. maybe it will help.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My problem is I have acute hearing....way to good...keeps me from sleeping soundly...except when the wife screams there is a"Lizard" in the house!...I have used hearing protection sparingly, but I never put anything in my ears to clean them...my Dr. told me many years ago the only thing going in my ears would be my elbow...Yes, the black wax falls out randomly...especially when I'm at the dinner table...
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1

And those god damned Crickets!!!

Makes me wonder how many people have committed suicide due to this incurable illness?

If mine gets much worse I will have to go on disability.

God please make it stop.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,965 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I test drove a couple of models and decided that Only the top of the line made any real difference in my hearing. Neither made any difference in the tinnitus, but I try not to complain, those were some great concerts. The shooting was fun too. I will remember the Ear Gear, the day is coming when I will have to spring the 5K for a set. But think of the guns that would buy...