In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Sad, and Unknown Story, of Joni Mitchell

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,270 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
I have always been a big Joni Mitchell fan. Eight years ago my brother the big Atlanta attorney got me free front-row tickets with him and his wife to see Joni at Chastain Park in Atlanta, it was a great show. We were in the big outdoor auditorium, drinking French wine and eating cheese and crackers by candlelight, what a great venue. She still had a great voice and I enjoyed the concert very much.
Big Yellow Taxi. Woodstock. Etc.

Six months ago, news reports were that Joni Mitchell had been rushed to the hospital. She remained in the hospital for several months.
With the HPPA rules and so forth very little, it any, news was forthcoming about her medical condition.
Finally, two months later, David Crosby came out and said that she had had a severe stroke and could not speak. The spokesman for Joni Mitchell denied this, but would not say what was wrong.

Several weeks later, it was revealed that medical power of attorney for Joni Mitchell had been given over to a gal who was described as a "life long friend."
Well that is a sign of grim medical news. Almost sounded like a lesbo thing, I know that Joni was romantically involved with Graham Nash in 1968 and her song "Willie" was about Graham Nash, she came close to marrying him back then, but she backed out of the deal.
At any rate, this gal who had medical power of attorney would not comment about Joni's medical condition.

After 3 months in ICU, Joni Mitchell was released to go home.
In the intervening time I have not heard anything about Joni's condition. I must say, it sounds grim, sounds like she had a devastating stroke.

Comments

• Options
    SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    http://jonimitchell.com/

Jun 28: Update on Joni's health
    Leslie Morris, Joni's conservator, has approved the following statement to be made through JoniMitchell.com: "Joni did in fact suffer an aneurysm. However, details that have emerged in the past few days are mostly speculative. The truth is that Joni is speaking, and she's speaking well. She is not walking yet, but she will be in the near future as she is undergoing daily therapies. She is resting comfortably in her own home and she's getting better each day. A full recovery is expected." You may leave your well wishes for Joni at WeLoveYouJoni.com
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,965 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She was married for a while at least to a musician who, I believe was also her manager while she was singing jazz.