In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Evidence Ebola is becoming more contagious!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
We need to demand travel bans from Ebola hot areas now!Out government is failing to protect us in my opinion!

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/mutant-ebola-leading-u-s-scientist-warns-deadly-virus-is-already-changing-to-become-more-contagious/

serf

The deadly Ebola virus could be mutating to become even more contagious, a leading U.S scientist has warned. The disease has killed nearly 4,000 people, infecting in excess of 8,000 - the majority in the West African nations of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Communities lie in ruins, thousands of children have been orphaned, millions face starvation but the virus continues its unprecedented pace, invading and destroying vast swathes of these countries.

Dr. Jahrling explained that his team, who are working in the epicenter of the crisis in the Liberian capital of Monrovia, are seeing that the viral loads in Ebola patients are much higher than they are used to seeing. He told Vox.com: `We are using tests now that weren't using in the past, but there seems to be a belief that the virus load is higher in these patients [today] than what we have seen before. If true, that's a very different bug. `I have a field team in Monrovia. They are running [tests]. They are telling me that viral loads are coming up very quickly and really high, higher than they are used to seeing. `It may be that the virus burns hotter and quicker.

updated! 101st Airborne Won't Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West Africa!!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/10/101st-airborne-wont-get-full-protective-hazmat-suits-for-ebola-mission-in-west-africa/

Troops from the 101st Airborne Division leading the military response to Ebola in West Africa will only need gloves and masks to protect themselves from the deadly virus, so said Gen. David Rodriguez at a Pentagon briefing Wednesday.

"They don't need the whole suit - as such - because they're not going to be in contact with any of the people," the commander of U.S. troops in Africa said.

Soldiers from the 101st Airborne will primarily be building hospitals, ultimately leading what could be a contingent of 4,000 American service members. They'll be housed either in tent cities at military airfields or in Liberian Ministry of Defense facilities, Rodriguez said.

Soldiers' health will be monitored through surveys and taking their temperature on their way in and out of camps. If a service member does get sick, Rodriguez said they will be flown home immediately for treatment.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    letting sick people into this country and sending healthy military into their country is STUPID.....send moochelle and the kiddies if it is so safe.....
  • Options
    317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All very scientific jargon.

`We are using tests now that weren't using in the past, but there seems to be a belief that the virus load is higher in these patients [today] than what we have seen before"

`It may be that the virus burns hotter and quicker.

So they are using newer tests, and seeingthe virus ina newer light. The results are not what they saw in the past because the new standards are higher (presumably).

I have never heard of a virus burning hot and quick, like a pallet fire I suppose?
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Using Obama's logic the next time your next door neighbors kids get sick bring them over to your house with your kids so they don't get their feeling hurt like they would if you told them to stay home.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    There's no money to be made in the shiitehole of Africa for the drug companies. To make any money, North America and Europe have to be infected. Maybe Australia too. Asia will come up with their own remedies, so they're out of the money picture.

Think about it.

The pharma industry is more crooked than oil, I would not put it past them to spread minor poop intentionally just to drive profit. But, this would be a bit over the top even for them.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,496 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need to watch. I don't know where the magical 21 day maximum incubation period came from, but if was derived from a malnourished population, it may or may not apply to health workers in the U.S.

Hubris with this virus is as dangerous as the virus itself.

As we have seen.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Curious will the Ebola Meds work in all races equally? If I recall most meds are made towards the "whites" and if it helps the others mo' money for the makers. Since Ebola is Africa's own would it work on the whites?

I suppose after it mutates all bets are off anyways.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Patient 1 stayed with his wife several days, yet she did not get it. Where is it burning hotter and brighter, in your imagination?