In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If I ever meet the electrician who...

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Wired every hotel room on earth with goofy or nonexistent power outlets, I'm kicking him square in the junk.

That is all.

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    wiz1997wiz1997 Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, we just do what the NEC (Natioal Electrical Code) requires. Of course the NEC is a minimum standard. Hotels, homes, and buildings are all built to the minimum standards. Builders want fast and cheep, contractors want to under bid the next guy, so quotes are based on code minimums. I don't agree with some of the newer codes but still have to follow them. If asked to wire a new house my bid is usually higher than the others. When asked why, I tell the home owner that I install more receptacles than the code requires and it's the way I would want the electrical in my house to be. Usually get the job.
    Ever try to plug something in and the receptacle is behind the bed dead center of the wall? That is the code minimum. I'll put two plugs on that wall just outside of where the bed will probably sit. Easy to get to.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiz1997
    Hey, we just do what the NEC (Natioal Electrical Code) requires. Of course the NEC is a minimum standard. Hotels, homes, and buildings are all built to the minimum standards. Builders want fast and cheep, contractors want to under bid the next guy, so quotes are based on code minimums. I don't agree with some of the newer codes but still have to follow them. If asked to wire a new house my bid is usually higher than the others. When asked why, I tell the home owner that I install more receptacles than the code requires and it's the way I would want the electrical in my house to be. Usually get the job.
    Ever try to plug something in and the receptacle is behind the bed dead center of the wall? That is the code minimum. I'll put two plugs on that wall just outside of where the bed will probably sit. Easy to get to.

Is it not also true that most of the world was built by the lowest bidder?[;)]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiz1997

We we put on an addition, I went about triple the outlets. Also phone hookups every where for phones and computers. Now we have Wifi and not a single phone that is wired. Still got my 8 track though...