In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

JONK

He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
There is a gunshow in Bowling Green this week.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    You've probably already seen this, in case you haven't Auction # 3117882WOODS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I seen your post in the other thread and I am going to share the voice of experience with you. You can't replace a 40 with two 20's. Someday you'll know what I'm talking about.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Want to thank you, you mentioned having a vitamin D deficiency and I thought maybe I do also. I don't get much sun, I work nights.
    I started taking a supplement and didn't expect any results for weeks, if not months. Less than a week later, wow what a difference. Guess I was vitamin D deficient.

Thanx again for the idea.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I received the gift certificate today.

Thank you again....I will put it to good use!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Boil stocks in Oxy Clean, a mix of peroxide and vinegar... Jonk, where do you get these recipes, Martha Stewart,s gun program????
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    That's how I wash my socks, not stocks !!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You wash your socks Simonbs? Man you must not be a real gun crank! :O)
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I invented the stock boiling thing myself. I have boiled three stocks and found that pressure washer degreaser detergent mixed with water didn't fully degrease the stock when boiled. Detergent and bleach does work but it leaves the stock looking well, bleached. Oxi clean is my most recent attempt, and while it takes awhile, doesn't seem to harm the finish as much. The wood does often end up looking a bit parched, but a rub down with OOOO steel wool before applying the finish of choice removes most of this parching and doesn't take off any real amount of wood. If I boil another, I plan to try yet something different in a quest for the best.

A note on boiling stocks! Don't boil laminate ones, and don't boil it if you value the cartouche!

The lead remover of vinegar and Hydrogen peroxide I got from another shooter. He also has the blueprints on how to make a foul out machine yourself on his websight.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am going to try that Oxy clean boil on a Turkish Mauser stock, it I ever find a pan large enough. I don't weld.