In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Happy Easter, Hello Peanut Butter!!!!

mcneely77mcneely77 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Being a good Catholic, I understand the true meaning of Easter. However, it is really hard to ignore the fact that it is also the end of Lent. I have had peanut butter withdrawl for 30 something days. I wouldn't care if the wife made a peanut butter ham. Just curious what the rest of you gave up for lent?

Comments

• Options
    UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gave up pop/soda, had pepsi withdraw bad until this week. but, i still can eat them reese peanut butter eggs! thank goodness they only make them at easter, or i would put back on the 35lbs it just took 4 months to lose.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I gave up working on my honey do list
    PC=BS
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Cop food - Cakes, donuts, cookies, etc.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    simonbs,lolgave that up 4 months ago, now it is costing me big $$$, have to buy new uniform pants to fit my new found (not round) figure!
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Excellent! Money well spent.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uhh Ohh, Saxon you did it now. I'm puttin on my safety goggles for this cause it's gonna fly now.[This message has been edited by 7mm nut (edited 03-26-2002).]
  • Options
    Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Three blondes died and went to heaven. Upon reaching the pearly gates, St. Peter said to them, "If you can tell me what Easter is , you will be granted entrance."The first blonde steps up and said,"That's easy. Easter is the holiday that all the kids get dressed up and go around house to house and say trick-or-treat."Shaking his head , St. Peter says,"I'm sorry but that's wrong, and I can't let you in."The second blonde steps up and says,"I knew that was wrong. Easter is the holiday everybody celebrates by putting up a tree and decorations, and getting together with family."Again shaking his head, St. Peter says,"I'm sorry but that's wrong, and I can't let you in,"The third blonde comes up and says,"You guys were way off. Easter is the Christian holiday when everbody observes the crucifiction, the death, and the placement of Christ in a tomb."With a half smile on his face, St. Peter says,"That's pretty close, but you're still missing one thing."The blode says,"Oh yeah. And, three days later when He's resurrected, if He sees His shadow it means six more weeks of winter."Posted by a Catholic who heard it from a priest.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    religion and race should be the top two on george carlin's 7 dirty words! bring up either in a discussion and your going to get hit from all sides.
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a lady friend who is so allergic to peanuts that she doesn't even know what peanut butter tastes like. What a cryin' shame....
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
  • Options
    jeenyesjeenyes Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saxon, glad to know there's someone else who knows what's going on. The thing is some christians know this and say it doesn't matter. But the bible says not to have anything to do with pagan worship and false gods.
  • Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saxon, you had 'em set up then blew it with the last post. Remember kids its all about FAITH.KC
  • Options
    jeenyesjeenyes Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry Saxon, I guess you don't understand, my sincere apologies.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, Saxon, I think you blew it too. You forgot to mention that whole virgin birth thing that was required of prophets in that part of the world at that time.I gave up religion for Lent. Years ago. All the peanut butter I want!