In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thinking of bidding ?

hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Hey has any one checked out the Auction #3393543? I'm thinking of giving a bid, what do you think, or should I just go for a new one? Is it improper to under bid the set price?
Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!

Comments

• Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure what you mean bidding under the set price. If you try to bid under the starting price the seller has set, the system won't let you. That auction has no reserve, which means the seller is willing to let it go at the minimum price he has listed. From the pictures, it looks to me like it is "as new in box" with the original parts and papers. If that looks good to you and you can afford it, go for it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thats what I was wondering if the computer would take it and if it could would it be ok. I was thinking about offering 850.00 and seeing what happened, guess I won't bother now. I've got a freind getting prices on a new one, after he gets back with me I'll know more! I tried to contact the seller yesterday about what went with it (chokes and such) no reply yet.
    Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Hunter 280man, Give the seller a note and ask him if it doesen't sell on the auction, will he take 850. Did it last week and the guy said if it doesn't sell he would relist at ???? and that way GB wouldn't get beat out of their comission and he'd be happy and I'd be happy. It did't sell so now I own one more!!!!GHD
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Another little point...if you get that item for 850. it's a pretty good deal!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks GHD Thats the best advise I've heard on this subject, I already tried to contact him and he didn't get back with me on the amount the gun was used. I'll give him another letter and do what you suggest!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey this is addictive isn't it!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A lot of times sellers only seem to check their e-mail once a day, but you should probably receive a reply today or tommorrow. Now I gotta go look at it as see if I want to bid against you. Ain't it swell being back at work? No pay check yet and you are already spending it. Oh Well, at least it's a gun, so it is well spent.