In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

All we need now is a campfire.

mcneely77mcneely77 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
You know if you sit back read, and respond to enough posts, you really get to know people. Regardless of their anonimity or usernames, over time all the pieces of a persons personality come together and you can see alot about who that person is. Unlike some people in earlier posts, I really enjoy listening to the stories and conversations. You know who doesn't care for each other, and you know that if someone says something, than soon someone else will bash them, or compliment them. You discover who is wise and who is full of it. My wife says I am addicted, that this is my version of a daytime soap, and I tell her that it is my version of a virtual hunting trip with all of us around the fire having a drink and swaping stories. The best part, anyone is invited, regardless, but after awhile you learn who you wouldn't invite back. So for 99.9% of you, thanks for giving me just one more pleasure in life. And for the other 0.1%, I already have a great life, so don't tell me to get one.

IALEFI, ASLET, NRA, and proud owner of a pair of S&W revolvers.

Comments

• Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll get another log and a round of beer..........My wife says the same thing to me about this forum...............

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Id really like to relieve myself on your campfire.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Salzo.......I have a empty three liter coke bottle for old farts
    like you...................

• Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Three liter? I wish....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I also have a empty longneck for those intemidated
    by the three liter..............................

coonass

or a funnel with a long hose..........for the babes ofcourse.....
  • Options
    SCREWEDUPSCREWEDUP Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I"AM NEW TO ALL THIS BUT SO FAR HAVE ENJOYED ALL Y"ALLS COMMENTS WHEATHER I GREE WITH THEM OR NOT . I MUST SAY IT"S VERY EDUCATING.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My husband thinks I'm mad, but I have to check this board at least three times a day. Better than putting around on the golf course day in and day out if you ask me.

Clouder..
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    'Clouder.....what do you mean your husband?

Can I join, I like a nice big fire! I could bring a bunch of 2x4's to us!
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clouder -

Say WHAT?!?!?!?

Edited by - .280 freak on 04/29/2002 13:36:29
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Dont mind him. It's just the schziophrenia acting up again.

Give him an hour an he'll be a 74 year old WWII veteran with hemorrhoids and a bad attitude again.

Or maybe he'll go back to creating new screen names for my relatives. Who knows?

A fine cigar gladdens the soul."Remember, there are only two: The Quick, and the Dead"
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clouder has set a mighty big trap.Watch were you step.The old varmit can smell it from here.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    can i bring the mush-mallers

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah,
    My Boy friend hates that too.
    The bi-curious munkey...

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and probably a few more times after that)...This form of conversation has been a very gratifying experience, and yes, I am addicted....I do enjoy the responces to my comments, and watching responces to others' comments. The knowing that it doesn't matter weather or not people like what I have to say, I can say what I believe, and you can read it or not, like it or not, and tell me what you think about it or not, and I would have a hard time tracking you down and making you eat your words!!!!! And for the most part, all of the people I read on this forum, I tend to think of as friends, and if they don't want to think of me that way...well, you know the rest.......PASS THAT PIPE!!!!!

keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~

Edited by - travelor on 04/29/2002 15:30:45
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Travelor,don`t bogart that thing,man!!
    Give me a toke..uh..I mean smoke..yeah..
    that`s what I meant by that.

• Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bee.Hey man like uhhh you been staring at that same star for two hours.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thought that might get a rise. Jest checkin' to see who was awake.

Sometimes I like to play boss and the wife wasn't around. Don't tell her for cryin' out loud.

Thought the puppy would have jumped in with something a little better than that but I think we've seen his best and it is truly woeful.

Clouder..
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clouder dear, would you pick up some milk on the way home?