In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This is Very Important

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2006 in General Discussion
Jeb Bush, is signing legislation that will make a law that Resturant owners can let people take their dogs to eat with them.. a 2 year pilot program is being set into place and Floridians will be able to take their dogs to dinner . It is to be at the outside eating areas.. I call it discrimination,, What about the CAT owners?[:o)][:o)]

Comments

• Options
    drygulchstandrygulchstan Member Posts: 321 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cats need to be shot
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see some trouble coming... Mine is a mooch. Someone will slip and fall on the drool..
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    drygulchdan needs to be shot. Cat owners can take cougars and leopards, and I will bet no restuarants will keep them out!
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    don't take your dog to a chinese restaraunt...they will be offended...then eaten[:D]
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:

scottm21166:
    don't take your dog to a chinese restaraunt...they will be offended...then eaten

... around here, any Vietnamese who own more than five dogs
    are considered ranchers![8D]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,414 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Who will be offended, the Chinese or the dog?[:D]
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good idea, my dogs could eat for free, the savings would get me more new tools!!
    if they wanna argue with the dogs, thats ok by me..never witnessed, WAITER COURSING!![:p][:p] [:D][:D]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    quote:

scottm21166:
    don't take your dog to a chinese restaraunt...they will be offended...then eaten

... around here, any Vietnamese who own more than five dogs
    are considered ranchers![8D]

ROFL
  • Options
    wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    The first law suit from a person bitten while passing a nervous dog, that was eating, will end that. I'd rather they let you take your cat rather than dog. At least cats are tasty. If they miss-behave they ca be used as Dim Sum filling. [}:)].
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    What are you talking about- the CATS are already taken to the restaurants for dinner, generally, the main course.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Been doing it in Europe forever. I think it is about time. I never saw any problems over there.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Classic. I find my self at resturaunts tearing of little pieces for my cat out of habit. Then again, it is nice to be able eat with out a * furry face starring at your plate and meowing. He's a very naughty cat but I'd be lost with out him.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    IMHO.ice creamS should always be eaten indoors.[:D]
    Jeff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:it is nice to be able eat without a * furry face starring at your plate and meowing

Jeez, 99 what is nice about that? Eating out without your best buddy? That is cold dude, I would never have guessed that of you.

As for the guys talking about how tasty cats are, you don't know sheet from Shinola. During WWII German falconers had a very difficult time keeping their birds fed. they had to resort to dogs in the bombed out citys. The hawks and falcons would NOT eat cats. Dogs, however are commonly eaten
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    it is nice to be able eat without a * furry face starring at your plate and meowing

Jeez, 99 what is nice about that? Eating out without your best buddy? That is cold dude, I would never have guessed that of you.

He sure is my buddy, but to be honest, that cat just has no table manners at all. [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, at least he gets ON the table like he is supposed to, and doesn't just hang over it like some monkey.[}:)]
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    That is a nice law. I would like to have Sam go to a restaurant with me. He stays near the table at mealtimes, anyway. He has pretty good manners so he doesn't beg, but he does stare and drool, hoping something will be dropped.

I don't care about the cats. You can't take cats anywhere.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like dogs as much as the next guy, but this law is just plain stupid and will no doubt be ignored by any decent restaurant that wants to keep its customers and its license to serve food.

I am certain this law does not give dog owners the right to bring their dogs into any restaurant, but allows the restaurants to make their own policy depending on dining facilities.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Well, at least he gets ON the table like he is supposed to, and doesn't just hang over it like some monkey.[}:)]

The first time my girlfriend came over I made us dinner and when it was on the table the cat jumped up to join us. I had to hurry and pretend that this was not an every day occurance. This chick did'nt dig that for some reason. That old cat thought it was just another nite at home eating dinner in front of the Tigers game on tv. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    At least you let the poor beleagered ol guy watch his favorite team.[8D]
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    The headline will read:

"Pitbull eats local boy at Restaurant"

Restaurant owner sued for 10.6 million dollars......Dog tasered by local police and dog eats policemans leg.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I don't care about the cats. You can't take cats anywhere.

Nunn, you dissapoint me, I suppose you won't buy them a new dress now and then, or some nice pearls either.[:(]