In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

fleaBay Scam caution

IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
From previous posts, I know this has happened to others, but just to advise I received a notice purportedly from fleaBay's "Safe Harbor" advising my account had suspended for undisclosed misbehaviors. I almost replied to it directly (DOH!)- it certainly appeared authentic - before contacting their security. Surprise! Merely a scam to obtain passwords and personal data. Obviously someone either accessed their eml database or has a bot searching out the addresses from some source.

Didn't think it would hurt to reiterate the cautions posted earlier about such schemes: no matter how legitimate a communication may seem, don't reply to it, but go to the source separately.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Get these all the time, also from people posing as our ISP , I just forward them on to to Ebay and my ISP and let them deal with it

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,451 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am confused, I thought Flea-Bay was a scam???

He Dog