In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

It's alive - Hey y'all

TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Back online after a 1 year absense. Looks like a lot of familiar faces
still around !

"A Fear of Weapons is a sign of Retarded Sexual
and Emotional Maturity" Sigmund Freud
"MOLON LABE !"

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back [:)] [8D]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great to have you back!

Like they said to Tom Joad, in Grapes of Wrath:
    "Bust out, or parole?"
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Sooooo where the heck have you been???

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Tazmutt!!!!! Where the heck have you been????? Glad you're back!!!!
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, what is your excuse? [:(!] [;)] [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    S'up Mutt?

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to see ya back!!

Best!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gap1916
    Sooooo where the heck have you been???

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO

Well, in the the last year (+7days) Ive lost my job (lay-off after 23 yrs), my wife (of 17 yrs) decided she couldn't live with someone that plays with dead animals for a living, my house (ex decided she needed it more than me, my 67 Olds and my Golden Retriever (Shiloh told me she would rather be with me,[:)]) I have been to Arizona and back (to the state of confusion, aka NY) 3 times moving what stuff I have left and am reading to make the final move in March. The good news is,one trip to AZ was a truck (and trailer) load of my guns, gunsafe and related accs !!!! [:D] Other than all that, it was a miserable year...

Hows things with everyone else ?

"MOLON LABE !"
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Well welcome back...

Opps Swwbo here... Didn't realize Punchie was still signed on.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>\
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the "welcome back" ... Feels good !

"MOLON LABE !"
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear the bad new Taz! Damm I was hoping to hook up with ya one of these days as you were pretty close!!!

Glad to have ya back postin!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I always feel better after I purchase a new gun. Not so much new but new to me. Lets go to a gun show and feel good about our selves.
    All in favor raise there hands. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back tazmutt[:)][:)]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Nice to meet you!!

Seems you left a little before I came on board.

Welcome Back!![^]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Tough year pal, [V]

Glad you're back.........welcome home![^][^][^]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back.
    [^][^][^]

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Nice to meet you TAZZ-

A toast...

Here's to new beginnings!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Hay Taz. Welcome back. I have wondered about you. Even E-mailed you a few times. Since you have been gone. We have had another Appliance shoot. And I have been hanging out with Select-fire Hog and Dove hunting. And Toolbabe has been keeping life intersting.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Greetings Tazz,
    Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance. What part of the great state of Arizona are you relocating too? Just curious as I am in the Phoenix area. Well, welcome back and welcome to AZ when you get here, you'll like it.

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
    edited November -1
    Hey again all ... Again, thanks for the reception [:)] PaBooger, I've been out past Bradford on rt17 probably 8 times in the last 6 months and have thought about you each time. (pretty touching, eh?) Have been on a mission each time, not to mention pooter-less. Pleasure to make aquaintances to the "newer" folks. Tools, got in an appliance shoot out in Az in Sept ... every time a see a blasted appliance (snif) I think of you [:D][:D]. kuhlewulf, will be in Phx for awhile but am buying property in/around Ash Fork / Seligman to settle into. Where bouts in Phx are ya ? I'll be hangin just south (1 minute) of 101 loop at Cave Creek and Beardslee Rds ... Know it ?

"MOLON LABE !"
    edited November -1
    Tazmutt,
    I know the area well, I only live 10 minutes away. It would be nice to meet a fellow GB'er. When will you be here again? We'll have to go out to Ben Avery and empty some brass.

James

edited November -1
    KuhleWulf - I plan to be back NO LATER than the end of March. I have 15 deers heads and a dee-vorce to complete before I can come "HOME" !Fur as blastin goes, how bout stopping off somewhere on the road to Crown King and blastin' ? Never been much of a range rat [:D] I'll have to stop by Seligman to retrieve some guns and ammo. Half my stuff is at friends there, 1/2 at my brothers in Phx (including my XR600 which will need excersizing when I get back)

"MOLON LABE !"
    edited November -1
    DEAL!
    Later part of March I'll be in Vegas, but we'll see what we can put together. Keep in touch.

James

edited November -1
    KW - I will be without pooter for a while whence I get there. Will try to commandeer a neighbors or sumpin ... hope we can make it so.

"MOLON LABE !"
    edited November -1
    Well, that is a pretty good excuse.
    Sorry to hear it.
    At least you still have Shiloh.
    Glad you found your way back here.

edited November -1
    Pickenup - Thanks for allowing my excuse [:)] You misread one thang ... I don't have Shiloh, I said she told me she'd rather be with me, X disagrees [xx(]. Glad I found my way back too !

"MOLON LABE !"
    edited November -1
    Yup, I did misread it.
    Sorry about that.
    Sometimes dogs are better to have around than women.

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tazz;
    Sorry to hear about the dog. Everything else can be replaced. And at least you have your guns. I know a couple guys whose exes had a revenge thing and got restraining orders so the guys lost thier guns. Good luck in Arizona. I'm another new yorker looking to pull out. Pretty soon all that's gonna be here will be politicians and welfare recipients.

I cherish the thought of the day I mail my NYS pistol permit to Albany and tell them where to stick it. After I leave here I will never again beg to be able to exercise rights.

Woods

Hamlin.gif
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Welcome here as well, good to hear from ya again.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Welcome back....
    Funny when I was doing the 56 in 7 post, I had a list of names on a piece of paper on my desk, from the members list on GB....

Your name is on that list on my desk...right after recedars and liktoshoot....then you show up...tad spooky but very nice just the same....You have always reminded me of a friend that called himself Tasmanian devil, and spelled it Tazmanian devil....sweet guy too...

Hope this turns out to be a better year for you.

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
    edited November -1
    Mornin folks ... Pickenup, "sometimes" ????? [:D] Woods, My sentiments exactly ! This state is DOOOOMED, nuttin to keep me here and I "negotiated" very hard to walk away with my guns. Gave up much but I hold dear to the saying "I will give up my guns when THEY pry my cold, dead fingers from around them" !![:(!] BlackRoses - Hi, nice to "see" you again. You musta been lookin at your snotlist? Only list I've ever been on ... [:p]. I have a Taz tattoo (applied in 1976) wuz my nick in HS (well b-4 1976). Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, How the hell did I get this old ... And, thanks for the hopes for a better yr. The good news is, it can't be any worse than 2003 ! Got nowhere to go but up (and to Az) [:)][:)]

"MOLON LABE !"
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to see you back!

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Taz, I was going to kid you about finally getting paroled, but then read your post of the past year and see you really have been in a bad spot. Glad to see you back here. You are going to like AZ, Kdub is also there in the Phx area, and a fine fellow he is. If you are driving through NM and Albuquerque, let me know, I will buy coffee to keep you awake for the rest of the trip!

He Dog
    edited November -1
    Hey HeDog, Been through Albie 4 times ... what a sight at night, coming down into the city. Quite a site, expecially after living in a town with ZERO traffic lights for 18 yrs!!! When my plans are "firmed" up for my final trip, I will let you know. Ive drivin through some 28 states in the last 2.5 months, probably passed by a bunch of folks from here. Have put about 14K on my poor ol 92 F150. Hope she has another 4,000 left in her, she knows she has to get me back home, then she can rest in the desert [:)] Wanna guess how much $$$ Ive spent in gas the last couple months ... OUCH [xx(]. By the way, I got 2 tanks of bad gas in San Jon my 1st trip, pulling probably 3500 lbs at 3am. Barely made it to Alb, found an all night AutoZone (I believe off ex157) and bought Inj cleaner, drygas, octane
    booster, etc. Topped off both tanks the premium, got back on 40 and held in 2nd gear at 3000rpm until she cleaned out. Twas a tad concerned for a few hrs ... anyway ... I'll take you up on the coffee my next (last) trip ! See Ya then [:D]

"MOLON LABE !"
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a date Taz, I will look forward to it! Let me know when the time is near and I will e-mail phone numbers. From OKC to ABQ your best choices and cheapest usually will be at the Luv's. I can also tell you which locations are cheapest. I know I-40 W to Flagstaff less well, but maybe a few pointers on that as well.

He Dog