In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

winchester ?

jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
do all 1300 and 1200 barrels have a 3" chamber?
the reason for asking is, there is one listed on the auction that i would like to bid on, but the seller has not answered my question

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    IIRC, the 1300 has a 3" chamber, but the 1200 has a 2 3/4" chamber.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't know the answer but I do know that I won't bid on a gun from a seller who won't answer a simple question.

After a few days with no reply, I'll e-mail them again with something like: "I intended to bid on your item but since I couldn't rely on you to give me the courtesy of answering my e-mail, I don't feel I can rely on you to ship my item if I was the high bidder. Therefore, I will be purchasing elsewhere."

Sometimes I'll get a response like: "We run a fulltime shop and we're too busy to answer e-mails". If they're so damned busy, how come they answered that one? [:D]
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do know that I won't bid on a gun from a seller who won't answer a simple question.

you are right! unless he answers my question i wont bid, even with a high rating
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know for certain that the older 1200's were 2 3/4" chambers as I had one.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 1300 is chambered for 2 3/4 and 3", don't know if it matters or not. But, are you looking at a Defender or a regular shotgun ?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a 1300 that was chambered for both, but was the worst recoiling shotgun I ever fired. Bruised my cheek.[B)]