In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another local shop being forced to close.

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Always Think Forfeiture.

ATF yanked the license of a local gunsmith because they accused him of inaccurate bookkeeping. He said any problems were minor, infrequent, and easily remedied but no matter. He's done.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he had a license so he was a target...it amazes me that some volume dealers can keep the jackboots happy...dot your I's and cross your "T's....wonder if there is a rest of the story ???
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yet some people wonder why the ffls are so cautious and maybe require a little something extra
    just think, when the ffls are gone where will you buy your weapons
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    When I bought my kimber 2 weeks ago at the gun show my paperwork went thru 2 different employees before I could leave...
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad to hear.
    However, the cold truth is it is not just a mom & pop gun shop, it is practically every business has to tolerate a growing overpowering and out of control government. As we have seen lately the IRS, EPA, OSHA and other government bureaucracies are spring loaded to go on the attack for not only partisanship reasons but minor infractions.
    Its not just the power to tax anymore.
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cabelas in Sidney has 3 people go over paper work before they let you out. I was born at home until 4 years ago all I gave for place of birth was home and the county. Then the ATF refused to accept that and I have to give the only town in the county.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a few small FFL's. They all have their business and no problems with the ATF. They are also extremely thorough with their paperwork.
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some one has it in for my LGS, ATF has been there all week counting guns and scrutinizing all his records. This is the third time in two years he has been put under the microscope. Both of the other times they found only a couple of minor problems, and let him make the changes to his books. He is as above board as he can be. P's me off that he is harrased while the crookedest dealer in town just keeps on screwing people.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    should the atf have the power that they should, or exist at all? no, but they do exist and they do have the power that they do. you can either accept that fact and live within their requirements or scoff at their unnecessary restrictions and have something like this happen.

i dont agree with the atf's policies and the control they have over the industry, but if i were an ffl my primary goal would be to make sure that i did every single tiny little thing they want so that they would never be able to gig me on anything they didnt make up.

i wish the atf didnt have the ability to ruin this mans business over some minor clerical errors, but sadly they do....
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    Sad to hear.
    However, the cold truth is it is not just a mom & pop gun shop, it is practically every business has to tolerate a growing overpowering and out of control government. As we have seen lately the IRS, EPA, OSHA and other government bureaucracies are spring loaded to go on the attack for not only partisanship reasons but minor infractions.
    Its not just the power to tax anymore.

Yep and Holder can sell auto weapons to whomever and NEVER answer to anyone-
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,963 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe he was shipping weapons to drug cartels in Mexico, and they did not like the competition.